Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Friday evening Arthur's seat training
  • jimmy

Anyone fancy an hour bezzing round Arthur's Seat (road) tomorrow evening? Just an idea trying to get fit and all that. Challenge each lap – big gear, small gear, out of saddle, in saddle, press ups at the top…

IA

http://www.arthursseatchallenge.co.uk/

See the times on there, try and beat them 😉

jimmy

good call 🙂

Nice challenge or the summer to check on fitness.

ojom
    Free Member

how about saturday night instead?

busy tomorrow night.

or do you fancy a ride on sunday morning. back by 1pm type idea.

radoggair
    Free Member

jimmy and training rides

who would of thought these words would go together, ha ha ha h h h IGMC

Anyway, if i lived closer i would dude. ON hols from 16th -26 april so could pop over on the road bike 1 afternoon

jimmy

HEH! BIKECHAIN! Hopefully heading to the lakes on Sunday, leaving Saturday evening maybe.

If lakes falls through, hoosaboot Dumyat?

jimmy

Greig – I mean 'training' in the loosest sense, but its about frickin time I got myself half fit again.

ojom
    Free Member

Canny ken.

Viewing a maison on sunday. It's a corner plot with a garden big enough for a pump track on the edge of the pentlands…. ace.

Sat night is my only free night and sun is my only free morn for the forseeable.

kennyp
    Free Member

I do the climb a few times some mornings on my way to work. Road is still closed to traffic at that time, so makes for a lovely traffic free ascent.

Northwind

Is there an uplift service available?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Best way is do the climb then straight back down (on the streets) & up again – the rest of the lap is a pure slog.

kennyp
    Free Member

Best way is do the climb then straight back down (on the streets) & up again – the rest of the lap is a pure slog.

Agreed. Though once I've been up and down the main climb a few times I continue on past Dunsapie Loch, then down the hill a bit, but cut off and ride through the path that goes through the middle of the park to get my off-road fix. It's a wee bit bumpy, but my commuting bike manages no bother.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

What you need is the Thursday night Hill Intervals session in the Dean Plantation over the water in Fife.

You know those Tom & Jerry cartoons when Tom's heart is jumping out of his chest…?

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

If you don't mind someone being slightly slow, mainly due to being on a MTB but also possibly a little bit low on the fitness scale, I would be up for it. What time were you thinking of?

Kit
    Free Member

Hopefully heading to the lakes on Sunday, leaving Saturday evening maybe.

Wow, are the Lakes up North now? 😉

druidh
    Free Member

jimmy – I was up last Sunday and did 4 laps on my tourer (mudguards and all) in 54 minutes. Should give a young whipper-snapper like you something to aim for….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not a bad time for 5 laps.

druidh
    Free Member

Soon….. 😀

druidh
    Free Member

…. I wish!

ojom
    Free Member

sounds slow. noob.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i would've if i'd seen this earlier – just been out and done 60km. was quite warm, even had the legs out for the first time this year 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

How is the ankle?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

a bit better, thanks. stairs are a nightmare but i can walk a bit better. thankfully cycling doesn't hurt it (as long as i stay seated which is giving me a sore rear! i was cursing going up dukes pass on wednesday sitting down all the way!) been cycling around town picking up a few things i need – its a nightmare in town with all the closed roads/diversions. drivers seem to be much more unaware of cyclists as well, or just not willing to give extra space/time with all the other things going on.

i will probably be riding on sunday if i can manage three days in a row if anyone is around. is there a TBC road ride this week? probably not knowing my luck – first weekend in about a year where i'm not running so able to ride both days and could make it! is the col d climpy route (sp?) on the TBC website?

druidh
    Free Member

I'm offski this weekend or I'd join you. I'm away up to Glencoe for a week, but I'll be taking the tourer for some ongoing road action. So – no organised ride. The next one we have planned is 25th April for our Etape Caledonia recce. I'll post up something here about it anyway

Col du Climpy route is here… http://www.thebikechain.co.uk/store/content/115/Road-Route-2—Col-du-Climpy/

Can't say I've noticed any problems with the traffic in town. I guess I've just got so used to it now. The only other thing which might affect it this week would be a greater than average number of tourists/holidaymakers?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Friday evening Arthur's seat training’ is closed to new replies.