• This topic has 28 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ajf.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Friday Athletic and Aesthetic thread! Spring is in the air edition!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, it’s been a while, hasn’t it? So, time for more nice pictures of sportsmen and women. In case you haven’t seen an A&A thread before, the aim is to celebrate the human form in sport, as well as having some great examples of sports photography. So, clean, safe for work images only, please, and only of real sportsfolk!

I’ll start with a girl who’s a real inspiration, Anna Turney;

And here she is in action;

Try as I might, there was no way I could keep up!

And, how about a little retro muddiness as well;

Barrie Clarke, Tim Gould and not sure who the third chap is!

So, over to you, let’s be seeing some fine pics please!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Basking in the sun:

Hairychested
    Free Member

Anybody has the ton wrestling video?

David Zabriskie, vegan cyclist.

“In 2005, David set a record for the fastest Individual time trial in Tour de France history.
    David is the only American to win stages in all three of the European Grand Tours: the Giro de Italia, the Tour de France, and the Vuelta Espana.
    David has podium finished multiple times at the World Time Trial Championships and is the reigning and five time National Time Trial Champion.
    In 2009, David attempted general classification riding and won second place overall in the very popular Tour of California, and went on to podium finish in most of his subsequent races that year.”

At some point I can’t remember when I read or heard some astonishing numbers about the impact the meat industry has on the environment. That information really made me take a hard look at things.

Hairychested
    Free Member

So nobody can accuse me of sexism and treating women as objects of sexual desire:

Bunnyhop

not sure who the third chap is!

Could it be David Baker?

philconsequence
    Free Member

why do we need to know he’s vegan? 😆

carl lewis… black, meat eater.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Could it be David Baker?

Don’t think so. He was with Raleigh at around that time, I think. Kit looks a little like a Kona one, I think.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Marie Jose Perec, perhaps the most graceful runner I have ever seen. (Dietary status unknown 😉 )

WTF
    Free Member

(Dietary status unknown )

I don`t think pies or chips are involved.

RealMan
    Free Member

big pimpin’

surfer
    Free Member

jemima
    Free Member

Could it be David Baker?

Don’t think so. He was with Raleigh at around that time, I think. Kit looks a little like a Kona one, I think.

[/quote]

Tinker Juarez. Where’s my prize?

epicyclo

Don Morrison, path racer.

Hairychested
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0hp_Is-7W4[/video]

Pickles
    Free Member

I’ll wager that it’s Gary Foord. He was riding for Kona around that time wasn’t he?

philconsequence
    Free Member

aren’t we allowed to make up stuff on the iterwebz anymore? 😆 next thing people will be pointing out that one minute i’m all over yeti like a rash and the next i’m profesing my love to mrsconsequence!

my question still stands, why do we need to know what the athletes eating preferences are, especially when its an A&A thread? just seems a really, really random thing to shoe-horn in to me!

Because as long as there are people who look at a picture like this…

…and assume that they must eat meat, it will be necessary to counter people’s preconceptions about vegans.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😆

you’re assuming i’m assuming young man 🙄 i just picked any old photo i could of someone running then added pointless information not relevant to the thread.

why would you jump to the assumption (before anyone had posted anything about dietry preferences – and especially as people only did so in response to your shoe-horning it in) that we’d make that assumption?

you crazy vegans 😉

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Awwwwwwwwww I love him I do. Like real grown up love with snoggin’ n everythin’ *sighs*

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Oh and he’s white and I think he does eat pies but then runs them all off on the pitch…..

DezB
    Free Member

Must. Eat. Meat.

iDave
    Free Member

I think it’s Mike Kloser or Daffyd Roberts?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

This guy looks nice American football must be really good for you

molgrips
    Free Member

I love the fact that the guy to his left is looking at his gut!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Jack Lambert, . . . Hall of Famer, 4 time Superbowl winner, and proper footballer. 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Allan Wells, my ultimate hero when I was a nipper.

ajf
    Free Member

Jack Lambert, . . . Hall of Famer, 4 time Superbowl winner, and proper footballer.

A psychopath in a uniform may be a better description

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Friday Athletic and Aesthetic thread! Spring is in the air edition!’ is closed to new replies.