Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Friday Afternoon Quiz…. Chav-wear HOW MUCH?!!!
  • lunge

Not just chav’s who spend on shoe, try getting a running habit. Vaporfly 4%, fastest shoe marathon in the world, £210.

nbt

[strong]midlifecrashes[/strong] wrote:

I guessed a little high, still, I’m still smug about getting two new pairs of Tricker’s, brogues and boots, for £75 a pop last week.

oooh, where from? I’d happily drop 150 on two pairs of trickers

DezB
    Free Member

Anyway, how can you put a price on shoes that give you the ability to wheelie a Carrera Vulcan with your phone in one hand and a fag in your mouth?

Nico
    Free Member

Surely not more than a smashed avocado brunch in Hoxton?

Lol at flashhearty’s reference to bespoke oxfords.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not just chav’s who spend on shoe, try getting a running habit. Vaporfly 4%, fastest shoe marathon in the world, £210.

+1

I guessed £130 which seems to be what they are in the shops.

My running shoes were £150, £45 of that was insoles but the actual shoes were just the functional rather than fashionable equivalent of those.

gnusmas

Our 15 year old searches quite often for trainers, seems to be a thing with the yoof ov 2day. He showed me these ones, luckily he doesn’t like them. Neither does anyone else in the house.

https://www.adidas.co.uk/crazy-byw-ii-shoes/AQ1183.html

midlifecrashes

Tricker’s were in House of Fraser in Doncaster, which is run as an outlet store for the whole chain and has all sorts of odds and sods turn up. I don’t think they have many Tricker’s left but they seem to have loads of Thom Browne trainer styles which don’t seem to be shifting, they’d likely do better on ebay rather than Doncaster, but none of it shows on their website.

johndoh
    Free Member

^^^ Footwear with elephantiasis

ThePinkster

So how much for a pair of Semi-fat 27.5 tyres these days (list price)? Can’t be much different to those Nikes.

Actually I’ve got a good idea how much they are as I was looking at a pair in a Nike factory shop the other week, purely out of interest, I’m sure you understand.

And yes, it was a ‘HOW MUCH???‘ moment.

Far happier with the long sleeve Dryfit top i picked up from there for a fiver though

bikebouy
    Free Member

Shall we continue the thread?

Guess how much these are…

Flaperon

It seems ironic to me that as a community we curse people who judge us by what we wear (“lycra a bit tight?” was one insult I heard this morning) but are happy to do exactly the same to those we judge beneath us.

Maybe it wouldn’t kill people to rein it in, and just ask themselves what exactly they get from taking the piss out of other people who have literally done *nothing* to deserve it? Why is this acceptable but pointing and laughing in the street isn’t?

Hating seems to be everyone’s favourite thing to do at the moment and I for one am well and truly **** sick of it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Because the OP asked the question, I thought they were gonna be even sillier money, there’s many a prisoner walking round jail in stuff like those (& even dearer).
    Expensive trainers are a status symbol in prisons.

DezB
    Free Member

Hating seems to be everyone’s favourite thing to do at the moment

Stop hating on our hate, dude.

oldfart

Aren’t they all made in the same megadap factory in Chinaland anyway regardless what logo is on them?

Houns

Check out some of the ltd edition yeezys and if want to burst a blood vessel check Balenciaga out

https://www.balenciaga.com/gb/triple-s-shoes_cod11534386rd.html

cookeaa

Very late to the game £214.99?

A-googling I now go…

Edukator
    Free Member

170e ?

simondbarnes

They don’t seem that expensive. I have several pairs of cycling shoes around that price.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I was in the cinema yesterday when a pokemon console advert came on.

I almost shatmyself then took a £1 sip of coke.

Edukator
    Free Member

Just Googled it and the cheapest on offer are within 1e of my guess, do I win a prize?

Nike Air VaporMax Plus Black

bob_summers

They don’t seem that expensive. I have several pairs of cycling shoes around that price.

Me too, but my (insert name of heat mouldable shoe) added a couple of hours to the time I can ride without aggravating my Morton’s neuroma or whatever it is. Worth every penny IMO. Those nikes aren’t to my old man tastes but each to their own, the first thing I noticed was glue oversmear which would rankle me for the price.

funkrodent

Gosh, lots of cash.

Happily you can get the same shoe in white (or rainbow-esque multi-colour if that’s your thing) for just over half the price. Little bit of black marker pen and Bob’s your father’s brother.

Women’s sizes mind, so only up to size 10. Which rules me out. The search continues..

RustySpanner

Expensive trainers are a status symbol in prisons.

Same in Forensic Mental Health.
    There’s a magazine called ‘Get The Gear’ which seems specifically aimed at those who don’t get out much.

Under Armour seems to be the clothing brand of choice, with a nice new pair of Nike.

Most of the patients are far more expensively dressed than the staff 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

£170.

and I don’t need to google it. Current fashion is chunky soles, and ugly 80/90 inspired colours schemes and ridiculous (hideous) fashion labels. When Belcenciaga can pile 6 coats on top of each other and start a trend for OTT big, then trainers will folow it.

The world of fashion (high end) and sneaker-dom are coming together. It had to happen, when some styles of Nike Zoom go for hundreds, and KendelJ starts wearing Louis Vuitton on her Intsa, people will pay silly money.

Your welcome

Houns

Recommend you also watch some hype beast shopping spree videos on YouTube

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Ah the good auld STW snobbery machine in full effect….

Your bike costs ‘ow much??! You could buy a car for that!!

Different people like different things shock!

Sandwich

like have a team of gorgeous virgins massage my feet with their ample top lady bits

Ton, where does one go to experience that particular pleasure of the flesh? Asking for a friend.

Esme
    Free Member

I quite like these Balenciaga sneakers, but at £540, I’ll just wear my wetsuit boots instead.

geex
    Free Member

Anyway, how can you put a price on shoes that give you the ability to wheelie a Carrera Vulcan with your phone in one hand and a fag in your mouth?

I’ve never understood the snobbery on here when the majority of it is from a bunch of middle aged men so shit at their chosen “sport” most can barely hold a 2 pedal stroke wheelie on their multi thousand pound mountain bike.

I spoke to a bunch of kids in trackies riding Careras outside Burger king on Friday afternoon. Nice kids and probably way more skillful at riding a bike than most on here.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s not snobbery, it’s humour. Surprising someone as all round clever as you didn’t get that.
    Just to explain – this wasn’t a serious thread.

nick1962
    Free Member

More than a pair of Hebtroco trousers but a lot less than Hebtroco shoes?

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Friday Afternoon Quiz…. Chav-wear HOW MUCH?!!!’ is closed to new replies.