Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Friday Afternoon Quiz…. Chav-wear HOW MUCH?!!!
  • binners

I’ve just been working on some layout designs an stylesheets for a sportswear retailer (no… not that one). I was looking at some footwear and spotted a pair of ‘trainees’ beloved by the local chavery. The young ruffians around these parts all seem to sport them, to accessorise with their tracky bottoms tucked into their socks and their hoody. Its ‘a look’, certainly

Then I saw the price of them, presumed it must have been a typo, double checked, and it wasn’t HOW ****ING MUCH?!!!

So good people of Singletrack, can you put a price on theses handsome items of footwear, which don’t look at all ridiculous? Don’t cheat and google it, have a guess. Closest guess gets a visitation by the restless spirit of Hora who will enthusiastically goose your leg

Again… no googling please. Ladies and gentlemen guess the price of the Nike Air Vapormax…

perchypanther
    Free Member

£147.00 a pair.

Harry_the_Spider

40 quid from Sports Direct?

cokie

£180/pair ?

sarawak
    Free Member

As a non googled guess I’d say £250.
    I’ll go and gave a look now.

sparkyrhino

**** gopin, say £139 🤮

AlexSimon

They’re probably about £160, but that’s not particularly surprising. The price of shoes in general has skyrocketed. Must look at any Merrel/Vivo barefoot/running shoe, etc and all the top models are £100+.
    Personally, I can’t bear to spend more than £50 on approach-type shoes.

cokie

Jut found them… crazy price given they look like any other pair.

Good marketing spiel 😀

Make the best even better
    With the Air VaporMax, Nike has taken a giant leap forward with the evolution of the Air Max system. Now it’s even better with the Air VaporMax Flyknit 2! Sensational design elements and a reinforced heel area crown the new sneaker. Of course, it is as elastic and flexible as its operations and impresses again with its innovative shoe structure and the constant damping. So the VaporMax Flyknit gives you a lot of comfort and fun on every occasion.

Don´t miss on the Vapormax Flyknit
    Upper material: textile / synthetic
    Inner material: textile
    Insole: textile
    Lace up closure (5-hole)
    Flyknit upper
    Integrated flywire elements
    Stabilizing overlays on toe and heel
    Swoosh design
    Nike logo on the tongue
    Vapormax logo on the heel
    Continuous, visible MaxAir unit
    Grippy profile with rubber studs

VaporMax 2: Ingenious technology and unique comfort
    After seven years of development, Nike proudly presents its new Air system, something that has never been seen before in any sneaker! Not only the unique stud design and the completely transparent air sole cause a sensation, the technology behind the air system is also thrilling! By passing on a midsole and insole you get a completely new comfort and the springy running feeling will fascinate you!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

More than a pair of Spesh 2f0, less than a decent pair of bespoke Oxfords.

ads678

£110?

Now i’m gonna google them…

jimdubleyou

£160 sounds about right.

Mrs Dubs spends a lot of time in her Asics – they are about £150 full price. Always buy last year’s model 🙂

Yak

Hmmm, old holy socks stuck onto indistinct shiny rubber. Looks cheap n’ nasty. But probably £130 RRP?

tomhoward

£250ish is my guess.

Having now googled, there seems to be a variety of price options?

somafunk

They look like those cheap black plimsoles that were compulsory for gym in the late 70’s so £4.99, the soles remind me of the rolls of fat that you see bulging out of those that wear “athletic wear”.

ads678

I was wrong!

sssimon
    Free Member

It’s alright, all the local chavs buy them off a guy on Facebook that sells them for £50

Genuine honest mate

P-Jay
    Free Member

Judging on the figure I’m been asked to stump up recently for Daps buy the eldest “only” £129?

cokie
    P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh and if the OP local yoots are anything like mine, not only will they really been ‘nice middle-class(TM) boys when they’re around their Mum’s, the Daps will be non-branded Copies, which still cost £50 somehow.

nbt

I’m going to go around 179. As flashy says, good shoes will cost more than that anyway 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Daps?

You mean gutties?

ton

£170. I bought some vapour max last week. like have a team of gorgeous virgins massage my feet with their ample top lady bits………… ;o)

binners

I recently treated myself to a pair of Miendl Leather/Goretex walking boots that its probably safe to assume will outlast me. I can’t believe those Nikes cost more

BillOddie

£150?

johnners
    Free Member

Daps?

You mean gutties?

You mean sannies?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

£320? Shiny Shiny aren’t they.

Edit. I’ve looked now. Well thats disappointing. I’m pretty sure a pair of air max were at least that when I were a lad, so not really seen much inflation.

PiknMix
    Free Member

£230?

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah not too outrageous

If you want gopping + £300 then how about these from Adidas?

DezB
    Free Member

You mean sannies?

Creps, surely.

Judging by the ones my kid has and grows out of in a few weeks they’re £190, if you shop around.

fasthaggis

£199.99 ?

johndoh
    Free Member

TBF, over at TrainerTrackiesWorld they would be asking HOW %&*£ING MUCH? for a top end bike. And many of us will have spent that sort of money on a pair of shorts for cycling (I haven’t, but I bet loads of us have).

duncancallum

My office in dress downs like jd sports I’m in shit jeans n giro jacket flats with band t shirt.

It’s like high school all over again

midlifecrashes

I guessed a little high, still, I’m still smug about getting two new pairs of Tricker’s, brogues and boots, for £75 a pop last week.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My office in dress downs like jd sports I’m in shit jeans n giro jacket flats with band t shirt.

It’s like high school all over again

#prayforduncancallumonpromnight

sandwicheater

By the look of them, one would hope no more than £80.

Runs off to google (well, you know, i moved my mouse about a bit), crumbs, that is a great deal of cash for a unique street style like what everyone else has got.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bit late to this, so I’m going to say 🤔🤔🤔🤔

£148 each.

Obvz, you need two so the local chavz would buy one and nick the other ..

amiright?

🤷‍♂️

2tyred

Tyred Jr the Elder’s footwear of choice. I’ve no idea what they cost – I’m not paying for them, he is.

To be teamed with cotton tracky bottoms (Adidas or Nike only, black only), North Face jacket (black only, to be worn regardless of weather condition and current smell, ideally with hood up until told to put your stupid hood down by parent) and vaguely incredulous, surly expression at all times. No deviations accepted by peer group. Accessories include phone (permanently welded to hand), headphones, heavy-footed stamping, all manner of dropped consonants and liberal use of ‘fam’ as term of address.

Several times I think I’ve spotted him nearby, only to realise it’s a clone.

Yes, we had one of those mornings.

bikebouy
    Free Member

So, just googled it and am quite surprised at the cost..

Now looking forward to my size 9’s I’ve just ordered 👍🤪

SaxonRider

I am restraining myself from googling.

£349?

Off to look now…

Cougar

£199.99 ?

… was going to be my guess also.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Friday Afternoon Quiz…. Chav-wear HOW MUCH?!!!’ is closed to new replies.