Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Friday afternoon condiment war. Come on then!!!
  • redthunder
    Free Member

@ on and on

Balsamic Glaze wins. I forgot about that one and it lasts for ever.

Consume within 2 years of opening…Epic!.

mefty
    Free Member

Gentleman’s Relish – Worcester sauce’s base is also anchovies, as of course is Thai Fish sauce so anything they work with I imagine.

Pook

Houns – comparing Henderson’s to Worcestershire sauce is pointless. They are two completely different things.

Hendo’s is still betterer

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rubber_Buccaneer

Ketchup obviously out guns all others

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bu69cnv0iU[/video]

bearnecessities

Tesco used to do a thing of legend; a ultra bargain basement ‘you skanky bastard’ labelled ‘value’ brown sauce. It was 28p and it was the finest thing to ever grace a sausage sarnie.

However, it was made by Premier Foods (the makers of the only other correct answer on this thread, Branston Pickle) and after the great factory fire of 2004, production stopped.

I no longer shop at Tescos, so am unaware if it ever made a comeback.

So that is the answer – 28p value brown sauce.

neninja
    Free Member

Hawkshead Sun dried tomato and garlic chutney is lovely – especially with cheese.

Rather like Reggae Reggae sauce and occasionally a bit of chili sauce.

maccruiskeen

binners

Sweet Jesus!!! I can safely report that ‘Christ on a Bike’ chilli sauce is hotter than the surface of the sun

Brilliant!!!

garage-dweller

There is no one best condiment.

There are too many foods for clear winners. Although the Chillis Galore Inferno Naga/chipotle sauce in my fridge sees a lot of action in upgrading child friendly chili and curry dishes to adult strength.

Not so hot you cannot ingest on its own in small quantities but a robust chili flavour and heat. Yum yum.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Friday afternoon condiment war. Come on then!!!’ is closed to new replies.