Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Frickin freezin today
  • dazzydw
    Free Member

Day off, was determined to get the hell out of the workfromhome house and get a ride in.
    Setoff on what looked to being a beautiful crisp winters day. I was dressed in wholly inadequate clothing, because screw you weatherman!
    Should have turned back when it started sleeting, didn’t.
    Should have turned back when it started snowing, didn’t.
    Its my day off damn it! This IS fun damn it.
    At the trig point covered in 1 inch of snow, furthest point of the ride, figured I’d call the missus for a rescue. Phone had frostbite death.
    Grit teeth, head down, snailpace home.

If you cant get a bit of mild hypothermia in December then when can you right?

scotroutes

Easy done dude!

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/100-day-challenge-2020-exercise-every-day-til-christmas/page/27/#post-11511925

matt_outandabout

So true op.

Mrs_oab was determined today. Got dressed in every layer imaginable, accepted a hot juice water bottle, headed out to the shed to get the bike out…. And reappeared within 1 minute going ‘I’ve changed my mind…’
    😁

dazzydw
    Free Member

🙂
    With layers and hot juice she’d have been absolutely fine!

Character Building.
    Get it done in the horrible weather, makes the good weather even better.
    Still better than a day working.

Blah Blah
    One finger still hurts.

chakaping
    Free Member

Near freezing with constant rain and sleet on last night’s incredibly muddy ride.

But I had my wool base layer on and a nice new fork on my bike, so it turned out to be a pretty good one.

retrorick

It is getting cold out there. Spare gloves is my recommendation. Maybe stuff then somewhere warm so they are pre heated if needed?

yoshimi

Got dressed in every layer imaginable, accepted a hot juice water bottle, headed out to the shed to get the bike out…. And reappeared within 1 minute going ‘I’ve changed my mind…’
    😁

🤣 We’ve all been there

oreetmon
    Free Member

Every cloud !

Tell the Mrs you need to buy lots of new winter kit 😁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Frickin freezin today’ is closed to new replies.