Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Fresh vegetables
  • peajay

Anybody else starting to notice gaps appearing in the fresh fruit and veg section in the supermarket? I have this week.

tomhoward

The more pressing concern is, ‘Do the fresh fish look happier?’

Cougar

Not as bad now as it was, but Tesco was decimated for fruit last week.

Northwind

The 2 supermarkets I use have had full shelves but waaaay less selection. They’ve obviously spread out the stock they can get to avoid having big gaps.

chakaping
    Free Member

My local had good stock the other night, but haven’t been able to get red grapes for a few weeks.

Damn you Farage.

MoreCashThanDash

Been ok at our Aldi recently. Ironically fish was what I couldn’t find yesterday in Aldi or Tesco

jeffl

Local greengrocers has it’s normal stock level. TBF they generally only stock seasonal fruit and veg, so probably less impacted by shipping issues than others.

Agree that Brexit is shite but look on it as an opportunity to buy seasonal fruit and veg and reduce your carbon footprint.

Turnip soup anyone 😁

sgn23
    Free Member

seasonal fruit and veg

They must have a pretty empty stall, there’s not much in ‘season’ in January.

Our Lidl has run out of peppers (grown in Spain this time of year)

chakaping
    Free Member

Turnip soup anyone

You’re alright mate, I’ve just filled two big tubs with beef & cabbage stew.

jimdubleyou

Tesco had run out of carrots last week.

We were able to get everything else we wanted. Lots of obviously just-in-time stuff was missing from the shelves.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nope. Not even slightly. Just back from the village greengrocer, and shelves were full, as per.

However, since the first lockdown last year, haven’t been able to find pepper salami in Waitrose at all. Not even for ready money.

i_like_food

I’ve on my second week of Able and Cole veg delivery (bit of an effort to reduce food miles and expand my diet away from the ‘usual’).

Need to rapidly learn red cabbage recipes!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This – https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/christmas-spiced-red-cabbage

Can mess around with ingredients, but never fails! Did this year’s with rum instead of port. Was excellent!

slowoldman

Local greengrocers has it’s normal stock level

Just back from the village greengrocer, and shelves were full, as per.

Mine too.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s just the weather.

Not “just” the weather as the problem predates the weather issues in Spain, though the local farm shop has said their wholesalers have put them on warning that Spanish grown stuff will be affected more now.

matt_outandabout

We’re having hiccups with availability and quality (basically rotten) from home delivery Tesco.

zilog6128

General fruit & veg seems fine, definitely short on salad – but that’s what we were told there could be a post-brexit problem with, so whether there’s ACTUALLY a shortage, or people are just buying more because they THINK there’s a shortage, I don’t know.

The Mrs works for a food company where all their UK stock is imported from the EU (i.e. nothing produced in the UK), they have apparently not had any problems getting their trucks into the UK (although more hoops to jump through).

We’re having hiccups with availability and quality (basically rotten) from home delivery Tesco.

that’s nowt to do with Brexit though, it’s because Tesco is shite 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aldi this morning was fine, only thing that I couldn’t get that I buy weekly was raspberries.

Thats set up perfectly for a fast show gif.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Fresh vegetables’ is closed to new replies.