Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 651 – The C-Word Edition
  • Ben_Haworth

Regardless of where you stand on the whole divine right to rule over a nation of subjects whilst wearing a really heavy bling-bling hat, we can all agree that an extra Bank Holiday is nothing to be sniffed at.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Fresh Goods Friday 651 – The C-Word Edition

nickc

Well, there’s  a thing. 2 e-bikes that aren’t total goppers. Who’d have thought it

mashr

The Marins look better in real life too. Got a purposeful, slightly industrial , look about them imo

sharkattack

Do the latest and greatest stoppers from the house of Sram still have plastic pistons in the levers which expand in hot weather, get stuck and give you flappy lever blades?

nickc

The think SRAM fixed that years ago, didn’t they?

darlobiker

I am willing to take velocios word for the fact that their jersey is cooler than wearing nothing. There is no need for Chipps to test this.

sharkattack

The think SRAM fixed that years ago, didn’t they?

My current model Code RSC’s have a plastic plunger in the lever. With this weather I can’t tell if it’s going to be a problem but our last trip to Europe was coloured by the taint of sticky Sram levers.

LAT

it’s actually cooler than wearing nothing at all

stupid sexy Chips

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Just hideous, No, not Chipps in lycra but that Marin, the toptube and colour is nauseating, total Ew- bike,  the Levo sl is an absolute stunner in comparison.

malv173
    Free Member

I’d take Chipps in lycra over that Marin any day of the week. Not a good looking bike IMO. But that Levo has me admiring for the first time ever that I honestly like the look of an e-bike.

Still gonna have to get divorced to be able to buy one.

wheelsonfire1

I think that Chipps needs his wisteria pruning..

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Would Chipps in Lycra cost less than £13,000?

monkeyboyjc

I like the look of the Marin, just not a fan of the colour. There other bikes this year also have, er, odd colour choices – but not as bad as specialized bikes that aren’t black.

matt_outandabout

Do these meet STW standards of appropriateness?

Yes.
    Cool shoes mr_stwhannah

zerocool

Cor, Look at the pins on those pedals!

robertajobb

Glucose monitoring.
    Have I got this right… you shove an extremely expensive large headed drawing pin in your arm and then go riding ???

I’m OOT.

tomhoward

I’ve been doing it for the past 7 years, it’s fine.

gazzab1955

I know its an S-Works model, probably has top the range everything, it’s an outlier on the bike price graph, the manufacturer only gives you the best they have to test and its like comparing Fords with Ferraris, but £13k really! STW keeps banging on about inclusivity, but this is about as exclusive as MTB’ing gets. How about some real world bikes, the real world being somewhere where other 95+% of us have to live.

tomhoward

How do you propose they get these cheap(er) models, when the manufacturer will only send the top of the range one?

Pro tip, the mega money bling stuff isn’t, functionally, all that different from the more sensible stuff. Only shinier.

Harry_the_Spider

ToTW bottle opener arrived today thanks. Am in the process of extensively testing it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.