Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 641: The Big Purple Edition
  • charliedontsurf

We hope you’re not struggling too much with the absence of baby plum tomatoes in your packed lunch, or pepper sticks to dip in your hummus.

By charliedontsurf

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 641: The Big Purple Edition

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

darlobiker

If that saddle is designed for long steep climbs,. What do I do when I get to the top?

tomhoward

Stand up for the descent?

Or get an aenomaly switchgrade to change it’s position.

ktache
    Free Member

Down here in the south turnips are the smaller pale ones, hard and purple bits. Swedes are the larger yellowish ones, for me much tastier.
    As you move north the names swap over. There must be an area somewhere in the middle of the country where it becomes really confusing.

mudfish

Is anyone able to understand the description of how those Funn valves work. And to discern the difference between the open and closed images? I’m confused ‘;~}

zerocool

Schrader valves are the answer to the problem. Cheaper than all these fancy new ones and work fine

Northwind

@mudfish, I think that instead of the nipply tighteney thing, it has the silver hollow tube, which goes all the way through so when it’s open, it’s 100% open basically. I’m not totally sure how it shuts, I think it might be the valve cap? (which might sound daft, but, the air pressure will hold it shut)

I wonder if it’ll work with all pumps- I’ve a feeling the dual head I have on my compressor won’t, I’m pretty sure it uses the valve nipple to detect modes.

The claims about “not needing an inflator” etc are unfortunately going to be bollocks, it ought to make inflating easier but it’s not going to be easier than inflating with the valve core removed from a presta, so if a tyre didn’t inflate like that, it won’t inflate with this.

mudfish

Thx guys. I think I’ll get by with the standard type.
    Im wondering how long it would be before the thin silver tube gets blocked with sealant when adjusting (dropping) pressure.
    A compressor blows pretty hard with the presta CO re removed as needed.
    Prefer not to redrill for Schraeder, those are good valves though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.