Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 625: Oh, that’s actually quite reasonable edition
  • charliedontsurf

Everyone sitting bored at home and wondering what to do with themselves this weekend? Kids getting antsy cooped up? Adults getting antsy looking at th …

By charliedontsurf

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 625: Oh, that’s actually quite reasonable edition

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

weeksy

Reasonable £120 shoes…. nah…

The Jamis looks decent value though yes.

ta11pau1

Good lord that seat angle on the Faultline… 😲

The geo chart says it’s 74.5 degrees, and it shows being measured from the BB to the top of the seat tube. Measured to the actual saddle it must be close to 70 degrees.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ben_Haworth

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Why would owning a Go Outdoors discount card be selling my soul? Letting the kids tear around the tent showroom is worth the £5 membership alone.

tall_martin

@ben_haworth

how did you put the protractor on the picture? I’m always curious about my actual bike angles, rather than the stated angles. Especially after its had a longer fork, ofseat bushing, saddle slammed forward, non standard tyre size…

Ben_Haworth

https://www.ursupplier.com/tools/angle_measurement/

As you can imagine, it’s not foolproof or super accurate but it is helpful sometimes.

a11y

@tall_martin, not answering the above exactly, but I use a device like this for measuring up my bike angles: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trend-DLB-Digital-Level-Black/dp/B01HF9FJJU/ref=asc_df_B01HF9FJJU/

brakestoomuch

I was going to ask how on earth you found that first video, but I guess now we all know what Mark gets up to at the weekend.

That Solo book is on my Xmas list, looks good.

vinnyeh

that Jamis has another 15% off with a voucher code on the website.- the reality is that it’s on sale for 1340. Can’t say there’s much around that’ll compete with it at that price.

Odd comment about the Go Outdoors card. Great value for a nominal fee and they don’t seem to be huge information collectors. I’d recommend everyone has one really.

lovewookie

is £67 for a not particularly flashy looking chainring normal now?

johncoventry

The charity shop DVD idea is a good one. I will try that. New thread alert, “Charity shop DVD – what have you bought?”

hooli

is £67 for a not particularly flashy looking chainring normal now?

I bloody hope not, current raceface 12 speed chainrings are £30.

timlane
    Free Member

@a11y @tall_martin , theres an app for that. On iPhone it’s preinstalled, seach your phone for “Level”, it’s a function within the “Measure” app. I imagine there’s something similar on Android.

stwhannah

@johncoventry It could become like football/baseball cards. I’ve got series 3 of The Wire – really need to find 1 and 2 now! Still looking for Running on Empty, Dark Days, and Bill & Ted’s Excellent/Bogus Adventure.

nuke

Loved that first vid with the drummer 😂

slowol

You know you can do the charity DVD shop the lazy way now!
    https://onlineshop.oxfam.org.uk/searchresults?N=&No=0&Rdm=664&Nr=product.active:1&type=search&Nf=&Ns=null&Ntk=&Nrpp=30&Ntt=bill%20and%20ted
    Other charity shops are available…

rootes1

Angles, for most windows users… just use Snippet Tool to screen grab, and then use the pen, ruler, protractor and rotate tools to markup/look

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.