Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 615: Rave On Edition
  • charliedontsurf

Welcome one and all to the show your telly was made for – or the regular web feature your phone and/or computer was made for – Fresh Goods Friday! Wha …

By charliedontsurf

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 615: Rave On Edition

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

duncancallum

Is it just me that thinks hope should have the reservoirs with an Allen key port so you can fit the bleed kit on with out lifting the lid?

Not sure how you’d fettle it with the diaphragm but it would be so much easier

nickc

Congrats on your 2nd place!!

ta11pau1

Yeah the std non bleed diaphragm means that wouldn’t work. Plus, how often do you really bleed your brakes? I’ve done my 2x sets of tech 3 v4’s no more than 3 times in 3 years.

IHN

Merch store linky no worky

honourablegeorge

I got the Tech 3 version of that bleed kit recently, it’s a joy. I even bled my mates brakes, just so I could use it again. And you can stick on a syringe and push fluid up from the bottom too, which speeds it all up.

duncancallum

Fist…

brakestoomuch

Well done on getting another medal. Trophy cabinet incoming. Good luck to Rhys. Most importantly, though, what’s the mushroom’s name?

footflaps

Is it just me or when I click on a photo I can no longer use the arrow keys to move back / forth through the photos and escape to go back to the article? Each photo appears on it’s own web page.

daver27
    Free Member

Watch for the needle bearing cages cracking on those Boomslangs. 3 sets and they all cracked and Specialized don’t carry spares… Grippy nice feeling pedals but ultimately expensive garbage

kayak23

Love those gloves. 😍

inbred853

@brakestoomuch…. Magic🤪

jeffl

Love the gloves so much I’ve just ordered some.

danp63

Yes Altern 8 indeed!! That Prodigy vs Enya mix is inspired.

zerocool

Altern-8 brings back happy memories.

Those pedals certainly look a good optionfor those busting a groove away from home.

Scuse my crudeness though that shroom reminds me I must visit the clinic.

🤪

redsnail

Big fan of fist gloves. Got several pairs. 😀

Well done Amanda 😀

pnik

Name of the shroom must be “Cilla” shurely?

I like the fist gloves, but the thumbs are a bit long, which I’ve never had with any other gloves, the index finger works well with my phone screen though. Not sure about the #fistarmy sticker.

rickon
    Free Member

Can confirm the Specialized Boomslang pedals are not good for the UK weather. And they’re a bit of a pain to service with their own proprietary tool needed to undo them.

Better off with some DMR Vaults or Burgtec Penthouse. Penthouses will last forever on one set of bearings. Vaults will need constant servicing, but as long as you expect it, it only takes ten minutes and they’re so grippy you could ride in Crocs.

mildred

Anyone know if Hope sell the tech4 bleed kit reservoir lid separately to the kit? I’ve got the tech3 kit already so don’t need the rest of it.

ta11pau1

Anyone know if Hope sell the tech4 bleed kit reservoir lid separately to the kit? I’ve got the tech3 kit already so don’t need the rest of it.

Of course they do, it’s Hope – they sell ALL the spares 😉

https://www.rushcycles.co.uk/m86b7s331p12388/HOPE-Tech-4-Bleed-Kit-Cap-HTT0019

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.