Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 596 Good Friday Edition! Goodness.
  • amandawishart

Here we are, sliding into the weekend early! It’s Good Friday and Hannah is still in America bike-bothering, Amanda is off to the Cairngorms to play ‘ …

By amandawishart

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 596 Good Friday Edition! Goodness.

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

rickon
    Free Member

The all new Atlas Pedal features a sleek new body design

That looks exactly like the old one, just hope the bearing sealing is improved so they don’t last a couple of hours of riding!

ktache
    Free Member

Don’t have an ebike, might never get one. Who knows?
    Don’t have a bike computer. Had one once, might never get another one.
    Don’t have a smartphone. Dumb builders phone, lives in a pouch on my bag strap. When I get a smartphone will probably buy a bigger pouch.
    But that display mount, that’s proper ingenious. Nothing difficult, just a different way of thinking about things.
    I do expect others to steal the concept.

stingmered

That looks exactly like the old one

40 sheets each time for the rebuild kit. Never again.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Is that Ricky Gervais?

chrismac

£27 for valves? When did that become a thing?

tomhoward

£27 for valves? When did that become a thing?

Positively good value…

Reserve Fillmore valves

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Depressingly, not as recently as you might think.

Odd how much cheaper they are attached to an inner tube. Also who is ever going to use the spoke key valve cap? It’s the cycling equivalent of that thing for getting stones out of horses hooves or a leather needle on a pen knife.

tomhoward

I think it’s more that the valve core remover happens to work as a spoke key, not that someone thought that needed to be a thing.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@tomhoward looking at the images I think they’re distinct, so one cap does spokes, one does valve cores and I’m pretty sure my spoke keys wouldn’t fit a valve core.

Happy to be wrong but the only way I can see the core remover working on nipples is it was made the wrong size. Of course that could easily be the reason.

cinnamon_girl

That’s funny, I was listening to the excellent Jack Pearson last night. If you want to hear more then here he is with slide guitarist extraordinaire Derek Trucks of Tedeschi Trucks Band. But it’s all about Jack Pearson’s playing so make some time cos it’s 31 minutes long:

dirkpitt74

£160 for pedals 😳……

Flaperon

That computer mount looks, if anything, even more vulnerable than out front. My knees come pretty close to the bars sometimes.

Sanny
    Free Member

@fursty ferret

Having tested it, I can safely say that it is a lot less vulnerable than the on top of the bars mount. I had an OTB and the screen was entirely undamaged even though the bike went end over end.

Cheers

Sanny

voodoo-rich

fancy metal valve caps my arse… replaced my Rimpact ally caps with old plastic ones, after they seized on the valves. One of them unscrewed the valve core when i took the cap off, deflating the tyre!

footflaps

Check out Hannah’s review over here.

No link? In my browser anyway…

nedrapier

I think it’s more that the valve core remover happens to work as a spoke key, not that someone thought that needed to be a thing.

Been a thing for ages. Got a crappy old steel 6-way one of these I use as a valve core remover. And occasionally a spoke key if I can’t find the Spokey.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.