Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 595 – Big Fork, Little Bar, Cardboard Box Edition
  • amandawishart

It’s Friday again. Easter is approaching and, soon, summer will be here. Or is it spring? When does it all start? Anyway, not long now until those blu …

By amandawishart

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 595 – Big Fork, Little Bar, Cardboard Box

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Can I go first with “how much???” please? Twelve hundred and forty pounds for a Fox 36 fork that we’ll no doubt see on every other gnarpoon soon enough, wow. Ker-ching, Mr. Fox.

IHN

I’m guessing that the Lazer helmet’s profit margin is pretty much £100 greater than the Abus’s

and ‘From hot laps to cold beers at the bar’ – gimme strength.

Yours,

A Miserable Middle-Aged Man.

zerocool

So they’ve mad the crown/steerer stronger and creak-free AND saved weight? I’m sceptical

richmtb

I don’t get clipless shoes that have flat pedal / skate shoe soles.

You have a smooth sole on a flat pedal shoe for better pedal contact. This compromises grip when walking of the bike, but it makes for a much better shoe / pedal interface.

If you have clips you don’t need to worry about grip on the pedal its taken care of by the cleat, so why compromise your ability to walk off the bike by sticking with a smooth sole?

ta11pau1

Flat clipless shoes are designed for the big platform spd pedals so you get the big platform and pins as with flats but are clipped in. Also, you have grip if not clipped in.

robertajobb

That ortleib saddle bag looks great. I may find myself needing one.

jimthesaint

The new Fox 36 looks like the original Rock Shox Pike.

Northwind

It does doesn’t it! I guess it’s just acceptance that a proper arch is a really good shape to make archey things out of.

zerocool
    Free Member

So they’ve mad the crown/steerer stronger and creak-free AND saved weight? I’m sceptical

The creaks aren’t a strength thing, they’re a poor design or execution thing (that they know they can get away with). So it’s totally possible that a redesign could be lighter and creak free, other forks have managed it in the past. I love my 36s but it’s a total pisstake that they almost inevitably end up creaking and that it can be fixed by stabbing in an aftermarket replacement- that just proves that Fox (and often Rockshox) did it wrong in the first place

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.