Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 591: looking out for bluebells edition
  • amandawishart

Although the pesky wall calendar may claim that it’s not spring until March 27th or something ri-dic-u-lous, we’ve already spotted bluebell shoots er, shooting up.

By amandawishart

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 591: looking out for bluebells edition

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

lewisdeacon

Thanks for choosing my post for #STWFGF will be in touch via email

dirkpitt74

I have the lifeline hex set – brilliant, really well mad and a super nice fit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    footflaps

What’s going on with the two larger sized “LifeLine Pro Sliding T Bar Hex Set”? Some weird twist…

Rubber_Buccaneer

This week’s TOTW goes to @Poopscoop for this most excellently and relentlessly entertaining typo thread. Is that a bugle in your pocket or…?

You haven’t read it have you, couldn’t possibly be a lazy copy and paste 🤣

Rubber_Buccaneer

What’s going on with the two larger sized “LifeLine Pro Sliding T Bar Hex Set”? Some weird twist…

Extractor for bolts that have seen a little ham fistedness. Not just the largest two just that someone hasn’t lined all the tools up nicely so it’s on the far side of the next size down

colin9

I’ve had an Exposure RedEye for years, brilliant for winter commuting. Really bright.

belugabob
    Free Member

Delirium Tremens during a turbo session – what could possibly go wrong?

Yes, I am geeky enough (and not just about Belgian beers) to spot that without zooming in

amandawishart

@footflaps That’s good engineering! They’re strong in the undo direction. The other side of the T-Bar is a regular hex. Rumour has it, I won’t be able to thread bolts so easily with this set…

chrismac

Im liking the look of the bearing press kit

tthew

I’ve been mulling over a set of Park T bar Allen keys, (yeah Allen keys, I know it’s a trade name, but we don’t own a Hoover either, yet still have one) for a while.
    Luckily I’ve never gone there as those Lifeline ones look awesomely the same, loads cheaper and include the additional Torx driver. Excellent.

doomanic

The price of the GX AXS kit and the picture don’t tell the whole story. The cassette is about £90 and no idea on the cost of the chain, but that lot combined certainly isn’t £554!

singletrackross

@doomanic – the RRP of the GX AXS upgrade kit is definitely £554, and that actually doesn’t include the cassette. The rear mech alone has an RRP of £342 (and that’s not including the battery), the shifter is over £140, then you’ve got the battery, chain etc.

dirkpitt74

Matthew Hornby
    I’ve been mulling over a set of Park T bar Allen keys, (yeah Allen keys, I know it’s a trade name, but we don’t own a Hoover either, yet still have one) for a while.
    Luckily I’ve never gone there as those Lifeline ones look awesomely the same, loads cheaper and include the additional Torx driver. Excellent.

I originally looked for the Park ones, but no stock anywhere – and then I discovered the Lifeline ones – lots of cash saved, and a really good quality product.

tetrode
    Free Member

Great to see the G1 getting some love! I too have been very pleasantly surprised about how good it is at xc.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Hybrids sure don’t look like what they used to eh?! 🙂

Wants: Lifeline bearing press kit to sit and admire.

tthew

thanks @dirkpitt74 – I’ll order a set of them over the weekend!

doomanic

@singletrackross that’s my point exactly. From the picture used people could assume that the GX AXS upgrade includes a chain and cassette, which it doesn’t.

singletrackross

@doomanic – Aha! Crossed wires! Yeah, I see that could be misleading. I shall get that updated to reflect the picture.Thanks!

jamiestogden
    Free Member

I like the look of that softshell hoody, how does it fit? True to size?

doomanic

Is a GX cassette really 206 quid???

edd

I’ve had an Exposure RedEye for years, and also agree that it’s brilliant. Don’t think I would want to run it as my only rear light, but it’s fantastic as a second rear light and being head mounted is probably more visible for drivers.

davros

I’ve got that bearing kit, it makes the job so much easier with proper tools. Maybe a bit expensive for what it is. But good to know I’ve got every bearing size covered. Coupled with a nice kinetic bearing tool and some expanding collet extractors, I think I’ve got it all covered now.

Kryton57

I’ve got money burning a hole in my pocket for a road bike I don’t need, and a wobbly GX mech on my Scott Spark.

Looking at you GX upgrade kit…

endomick
    Free Member

Did Parks lawyers have anything to do with the colour change to black on those lifeline sliding T bars.

alanclarke

Another long time owner of redeye back light – good but can also confirm
    will piss off rider behind you,
    has no off switch,
    easily fits in zipped jersey pocket,
    survives cool washing machine cycle

ktache
    Free Member

I had one of those micro redeye on my axis, good but of course it fell off, managed to find a full size redeye, helmet mounted with short cable, maybe the last in the country as exposure discontinued them. Much better, brighter, and I could make a lanyard to keep it which I couldn’t do for the micro.

Northwind

So will Chris Porter ever admit he was talking absolute shite about 29er wheels?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.