Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 585: keep off the roading edition
  • Ben_Haworth

After a strangely traffic-heavy tarmac week on singletrackworld.com it’s nice to head into the weekend planning our big weekend off-road rides. Most o …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 585: keep off the roading edition

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

brakestoomuch

Hannah for Rampage! Or how about the Mega?

I’m sorry, but Danglemug? “Sorry, I can’t make tonight’s ride. I’ve got Danglemug.” Nasty.

ElShalimo

is the Top Secret Bike a Raleigh Grifter?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How big is that osprey bag – yes I know 90l but I don’t know how big that actually is and equally it could be could be 1000x1000x900mm or 10x10000x900mm

IHN

DOWN-COUNTRY. What a time to be alive.

Go on, say that again…

IHN

1000x1000x900mm or 10x10000x900mm

I think that would be a significantly larger capacity bag than 90l…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

1x1x0.9m is 0.9m^3 is 90l, unless my maths is suffering as much as the rest of me which is distinctly possible of course.

Edit: yes it is. Should be 0.09m^3 so that would be a 900l bag

andyspaceman

“Top secret bike”

A chunky DHR II on the rear and just under 23kg, this sounds like a latest full-fat eMTB from one of the big brands. Dimples on the saddle don’t give too much away.

Going to take a wild guess at an Orbea. They’ve recently added alloy versions of the Rise without adding much in the way of weight over the carbon version. Would make sense that they’d try to do the same on the burlier Wild FS.

tomparkin

How big is that osprey bag – yes I know 90l but I don’t know how big that actually is

Dimensions (CM): 80H 44W 35D

Or, as I like to think of it, nearly the volume of three OMM Classic 32s, but at less than three times the price of a OMM Classic 32 AND you don’t need three sets of shoulders to carry it. So it sounds very good.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Thank you Tom – I did nosey at osprey’s site but it seemed to be missing from what I could see

comet

Have these people never punctured on hillsides desolate?

Careful there, Morrissey might just give you a cease and desist clickbait order! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-60140954

leegee

New Hope High Pivot bike?

kiwijohn

I’ve got that Neil Young album, but don’t have a record player anymore.

tomhoward

E-vil?

darrenhowe
    Free Member

Definitely ‘Meghannahlanche’ for the Canyon!

daviek

is the Top Secret Bike a Raleigh Grifter?

I’d say that’s about half the weight my Grifter was. I loved that bike though!

zerocool

I haven’t seen a website or magazine send someone out to compete/report on the Megavalanche since Dirt years ago. I think a new generation of riders need to be introduced to the race. A good in-depth report from an journalist competing in it. Would be nice to see how it’s changed in the last 10-15 years with all the advances in bikes.

Maybe a ‘downcountry’ vs enduro bike comparison seeing as back in 2007ish there was a split between DH bikes and XC bikes

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fresh Goods Friday 585: keep off the roading edition’ is closed to new replies.