Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 575 – Tah Dah! All the Fuzzy Feels
  • IHN

I thought that any sensible debate would have finished after that got posted. A trainer made to look like a bike shoe?

You’ve lost me, are you saying they’re not very similar in design and construction to a normal pump/trainer/walking shoe? I mean, if they’re not, and there’s more to it than I realise then fair enough, but I’m intrigued as to what it is.

delusional
    Free Member

That Tactic helmet also has the best safety rating recorded so far for any bike helmet by Virginia Tech: https://www.helmet.beam.vt.edu/bicycle-helmet-ratings.html. That, and the fact that it’s half the price of most similar lids, was enough to encourage me to buy one. I think it might be a little big to fit under my “over helmet” hoods though!

Mark

I suppose that’s fair enough, although if I can just look at them and think “blimey, £175 is a bit punchy”, I don’t see why they can’t, and say so.

No one here has even had them on our feet yet. Seems a bit unfair to pass comment on them until we’ve at least done that, yeah?

And if £175 bike shoes make you choke then best not start riding horses 🙂

tomhoward

I paid £175 for a (Specialized, as it happens) bike shoe once. It was so nice I paid the same again for the left one.

Still in regular use 6 years later, so not terrible value either.

Northwind

zerocool

Can anyone comment on whether they have found the Wera Hex Plus to be any better than a decent set of regular ones?

I don’t really like ’em tbh, they’re great quality but overall I’d much rather have a quality normal hex head, for bike bag use. Especially with smaller bolts (which is most, on my bike) and alu bolts. They’re very good to have around for slightly damaged bolts though so they’re a good workshop option.

If anyone does get them, be careful of using them in muddy bolts, always clear them out first. Should hopefully go without saying but they’re (IMO) more likely to damage a bolt than a standard hex if you don’t have a good depth of engagement.

Having said all that I reckon that big set with the sockets could be the best RC car repair kit ever.

desperatebicycle

Thing about Specialized riding shoes, I think, from my experience, is that they last forever. You only change them if you want to. Well, the mk1 2FO clips I’ve had since they came out, just don’t look like wearing out, breaking or coming apart. So in that respect they might be worth £25 shy of 200 notes. Though, I wouldn’t pay that. Mine were £60 if I remember right.

robertajobb

Is the battery pouch asbestos or Nomex lined? So the battery doesn’t burn your asre when it sets in fire, especially after a crash.
    That would be ground breaking.

gbozo49

Glad I wasn’t the only one who couldn’t tell… 🙂

tomhoward

So the battery doesn’t burn your asre when it sets in fire, especially after a crash.

Is there any record of that happening?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Fresh Goods Friday 575 – Tah Dah! All the Fuzzy Feels’ is closed to new replies.