Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 558 – The I’m Not Too Hot, YOU’RE Too Hot Edition
  • amandawishart

The current heatwave is both a treat and a challenge. Riding bikes in anything over 24°C seems more challenging in the UK than it does abroad. Our sho …

By amandawishart

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 558 – The I’m Not Too Hot, YOU’RE Too Hot Edition

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Stupid confession – I’ve only just twigged SS relates to Short Sleeve jerseys and doesn’t denote Single Speed specific jerseys which I couldn’t help but get a bit annoyed by.

Yak

Oil slick stuff – I don’t get it. Is it ‘just because you can’? Or looking trick like a welded stainless steel exhaust (see the bangs and pops cars thread)? or something else?
    Obvs purple anodised stuff is right though.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well I suppose the advantage of oil slick is it matches everything and unlike single colour anno might actually look similar from one component to another.

terry27
    Free Member

dangeourbrain, do we need to talk about “LS” jerseys?

chipps

I’ve always been very pro-purple and can’t stand oil slick finishes… Perhaps it’s an age/retro/whatever thing…

ossify

Not much grip on those pedals 😉
    For use on the trip to Aldi to get some new footwear maybe?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

dangeourbrain, do we need to talk about “LS” jerseys?

Oddly I’ve never noticed LS in relation to long sleeve, probably because my brain didn’t jump to something else immediately I saw it so I happily glid over it. It might have helped reduce some frothing on my part if I had.

On the other hand they could be Languid Speed I suppose and I certainly see a market for that.

nickc

SS could also mean Spring/Summer, just to really confuse things….

Harry_the_Spider

Stainless Steel?

ossify

Stainless Steel?

SS jersey:

SS jersey

ElShalimo

Surely “Aldi Middle Aisle” is just plain wrong?
    It’s the “Aisle of dreams” in Aldi whilst for Lidl it’s known as the “Middle of Lidl“.

tomhoward

Didn’t Prince Harry get in bother for wearing some SS clothes a few years ago?

frood
    Free Member

“The full length front zip is handy for wild weed” – does opening the zip make things easier to smoke?

duncancallum

Purple anodized bits is a definitely a 90s thing.

Wish I still had my purple Acor skewers and my purple brake booster.

And my DCD….

mick_r

If we’re on about things melting then tell Charlie that little jars of bum butter do indeed turn liquid and leak at sunny dashboard cubby hole temperatures.

Not sure if having a nice smelling and evenly lubricated cubby hole will make my bike any more comfortable….

hodge1365

Max Moseley definitely got into trouble for something to with small things or extra large things….or was that Hugh Grant….

DezB
    Free Member

Perhaps it’s an age/retro/whatever thing…

I’m old enough to have been around when purple was the thing and I’ve never liked it. My newest bike had purple valve caps! I painted them black! I do however like Oil Slick. Though I don’t actually own any, as yet.

roger_mellie

Yes Hawk the Slayer! I remember the bow dude. I don’t remember it being quite so bad 😂
    Oh, and its the aisle of shite, surely?

doomanic

I saw Hawk the Slayer on a cross channel ferry on my way to school. Pre-teen me thought it was awesome!

Purple is very ’90’s and needs to stay there. Burnt Orange is where it’s at.

bigblackshed

@elshalimo

Lidl won the marketing war with “The Middle of Lidl”

Aldi’s response of “The Isle of Shite” didn’t quite have the same ring to it.

ElShalimo

ooh very harsh, where else can you get Easter eggs in late July, a gazebo and a bargain MIG welder?

😜

endomick
    Free Member

Is Amanda referring to herself in 3rd person.

Yak

I lusted after the purple ano stuff back then but couldn’t afford it. A mate had the works – cook bros cranks, purple brake booster, some aftermarket canti brakes…properly trick.

I settled for a purple helmet..yeah, another one. Don’t know what I was thinking 🙂

So now, yeah it looks good (the purple anodised stuff).

ktache
    Free Member

My 93 Marin Palisades had purple finishing kit, though it had more of a blueish tint than the purple above.
    When someone destroyed the frame a good mate supplied me with a very purple bonded Ti Raleigh (Ogre?) and he’d added a “Purple is not a crime” sticker.

I now know which valves I just need to get when I am feeling really flush, near pointless Ti ones in Oilslick. Stronger, yeah, right.

pfrumpy
    Free Member

I like what you did with the Aldi link.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Fresh Goods Friday 558 – The I’m Not Too Hot, YOU’RE Too Hot Edition’ is closed to new replies.