Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • French etiquette in business
  • Edukator
    Free Member

Sie, wenn Ihr dafür seid. 😉

Vous:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bKTl1QprM[/video]

footflaps

Bonour, Où est l’or Nazi ?

hooli

Speaking as somebody who does a lot of work in France, my advice would be not to worry. They are generally happy to speak english if you are polite and friendly.

JoeG
    Free Member
    lodious
    Free Member

I just got back from Switzerland, just outside Zurich. I was working with a mix of German and Italian Swiss…they were all really nice. No issues whatsoever with language.

A whole lot easier than dealing with Americans, and they speak pretty good English 😉

lerk
    Free Member

I usually find language not to be a problem, what gets me is the hugs and kisses (if you’ve met more than twice) or stupidly frequent yet limp wristed handshaking…

Actually, by far the worst thing is trying to subtitle a broad Derbyshire/Yorkshire dialect. I always come home from business meetings speaking like a recovering stroke victim!

jock-muttley

Nice bit of not so casual racism there, Binners. *Slow clap*

In Binner’s defence it’s technically nationalism (for Gods sake don’t give them the idea that they are a separate “race” they will be even more pompous).

Kicking seven shades of crap out of good old Jean-Claude has provided much Joint Anglo-German summertime holiday amusement for centuries – in fact if you think about it the Germans have historically given the French a damn good shoeing every fifty years or so (so on balance we are well overdue Fritz tear-arsing through Belgium to deliver the latest one) That’s why the French have built those lovely tree lined roads, well you wouldn’t those fair skinned German lads to get sunburned as they march into Paris. 😉

Right who have I upset then

[/tongue-in-cheek]

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘French etiquette in business’ is closed to new replies.