Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • French equivalent of Go Ape what would it be called in France ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

not necessarily a chain but that type of activity ??

Several trips over to France between now and August with children in tow…

Thanks in advance

theotherjonv

La singe est dans l’arbre.

As well you know.

jimdubleyou
    superfli
    Free Member

It was Parcour when we did it about 12 years ago.

nbt

“Parcours Acrobatique Forestier”

Saw one in Morillon, there’s one in Samoens too

perchypanther
    Free Member

Go Cheese eating, surrender monkey?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Allez la singe

slowoldman

La singe est dans l’arbre.

Well done.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Find some Via Ferrata, Only in the mountains though really!

petec
    Free Member

went here once https://www.parc-aventure-fontdouce.com/en/our-activities/treetop-adventure-park

unlike go-ape with all the Health and Safety talks, this basically consisted of a couple of 20 years drinking beer, and letting us do what we wanted.

It was great. Loved it.

rhinofive

overlooking Albertville

http://www.fort-de-tamie.com/acrofort/

leggyblonde
    Free Member

“Accrobranche”

ocrider

Beaten to the buzzer!

Accrobranche is indeed the correct answer

pedlad

Large number of these dotted around in forests where there are other leisure activities going on. Never noticed them being under any sort of umbrella brand. I’ve done this one which ranges from one suitable for 6 yr olds to 3 hr OMG I’m right in the top bendy branches of this incredibly high tree:

Accrobranch

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

thanks all

shall be trying this one out at somepoint in April https://www.parcaventure-baiedesomme.com/

Just need to find 3 more

Our boys love this type of activity especially our youngest with ASD

virtual beers all round

Greybeard
    Free Member

unlike go-ape with all the Health and Safety talks, this basically consisted of a couple of 20 years drinking beer, and letting us do what we wanted

That’s the French approach. My cousin went on a “luge d’été” aka concrete bobsleigh, assumed it would be safe whatever she did, so didn’t bother using the brakes, flew off into the trees and broke her arm.

natrix
    Free Member

We’ve found the French ones to be far better than Go Ape. They tend to be more imaginative, have a safer attachment system, are cheaper and you don’t end up with your pants full of wood chips. The floodlit evening ones add an extra dimension to it as well.

Have fun

nickjb
    Free Member

Have done a couple in France and they’ve been a bit harder and more heath Robinson than the UK Go Ape. A couple in our party got stuck and had to be rescued. The dudes there had a well rehearsed technique for this so I reckon it happens a lot. No reason not to go just FYI. It was quite different to the sanitised and super safe UK version.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

we went to this one last year – zip wire over a road ! went a few times whilst we were in Cannes

http://www.canyonforest.com/parcoursaventure.html

Dickyboy

The one we went on was like go ape on steroids, way higher up in the trees than UK & took my 20yo + kids most of the day to complete all the sections 👍 can’t see link on phone but it’s in the woods between antrain, bazouges and trans la foret

jamj1974

It’s called: “My son gets stuck and has to be winched down as he’s holding everyone else up.”.

cchris2lou

There are lots where I live and a lot harder than the Go Ape I did in the UK.

One of them, the last zip lines finishes in the river. Great fun.

pedlad

between antrain, bazouges and trans la foret

Yep that’s the one. Full on fun.

Edukator
    Free Member

Accrobranches.

piemann
    Free Member

We went to a fantastic place called Celt Aventure – it’s in Brittany, near Vannes/Sarzeau

Was much better than ones we’ve done in the UK

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The tree stuff I have seen looks way better than Go Ape. I always reflect on how crap/expensive the UK stuff is.

As for the concrete, Luge d’ete, any notion of safety being designed in seems to be a mistake. I’ve never actually crashed or exited the channel, but I have scared myself witless. I would not contemplate a no-brake approach on the ones I have been on.

We went on a monorail type thing at Les Orres. I successfully managed a no-brake descent, but it was brutal and so violent I thought my head was going to get whiplashed off.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘French equivalent of Go Ape what would it be called in France ?’ is closed to new replies.