Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • French divide starts today!
  • flange
    Free Member

My brother is competing the the French divide this year. Super cool event organised by super cool people, we all congregated on a windy beach in northern France this morning to wave everyone off. 50kph winds this morning are making it hard work, but as at 9am, GoGoBenjo has made it 60km in.

For anyone that is interested, his trackleader details are here
    Spot tracker

To be fair to the lad he’s super nervous, hoping just to finish. Wondered if there’s anyone else on here giving it a bash

whitestone
    Free Member

My wife and I tried it last year. I scratched after four days due to the heat, my wife a day later.

Saturday’s probably the better day to start (I started on the Sunday) as there’s not much open in Belgium on Sundays. Quite cool having a Citroen 2CV as the lead out car!

flange
    Free Member

Bro has managed 210km on the first day. For someone who has only ever ridden a couple of road centuries I couldn’t be more proud. Let’s hope he’s not burnt all his matches too soon!

qwerty
    Free Member

Go Ben!!!

Go on then, whats the distance / ascent involved?

flange
    Free Member

From memory, I believe its 2230km in 2 weeks, can’t remember the climbing but it’s quite a bit. As whitestone said, last year was meant to be horrific with the heat – this year it was 50kph headwinds for the first day.

He’s hoping for the same again tomorrow, as long as the weather plays ball.

cchris2lou

A FB friend is doing it. Also had to stop last year.
    Frédéric B.
    He organises a really good gravel event in Brittany.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘French divide starts today!’ is closed to new replies.