Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • French army – daft punk
  • onandon
    Free Member
    kormoran
    Free Member

Macron: “I’ve realised what they’re playing.. and I like it!”
    Trump: “Covfefe”?

Awesumz

onandon
    Free Member

Exactly 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

He has a miserable mouth and no eyes to speak of.

corroded
    Free Member

Perfect! Trump’s thinking ‘they wouldn’t pull this shit in North Korea. Or Russia. Or Turkey. *sigh*’

kormoran
    Free Member

I still can’t believe they actually played it, it must be a piss take.

It is frankly hilarious and the French are now my favourite Europeans. Chapeau!

colournoise

So, are the British forces bands taking quintessentially British requests for The Donald’s trip here?

Who’s up for a Sex Pistols medley?

martinhutch

I was getting hopeful when it cut to the drone footage. Thought the CIA had finally had enough of him.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Daft it was.

scaled
    Free Member

That’s bloody marvelous. I’m really starting to get fond of the French.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

And we’re going to miss the party…

squirrelking
    Free Member

Pff, we did it first…

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Cc_dJBKz4[/video]

kimbers

Not even their best track, but still brilliant.
    Wonder how much Macron new of it? He’s too clued up not to know that this would be picked up, considering it was such a big hit globally.

Also a cert that an old **** like trump wouldn’t have a clue what was going on…

Macron is a smart cookie

davosaurusrex

Trump knew that they were ripping the piss out of him in a subtle manner that he couldn’t quite grasp. And there was F-all he could do about it. Beautiful.

Murray

Would [video]https://youtu.be/ol5Dfs7jqFI[/video]Monty Python be appropriate?

cubist
    Free Member

I think we should welcome him using a medley of covers of American hits as he will know exactly what the British think. NSFW

Ceelo Green

Pharaohe Monch

jkomo

I was wondering what all the walking around was, I think they are spelling something.
    C, first then I think a V, then maybe an N and possibly a T, must have tried to spell Trump and got it wrong.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Trumps hair, look at the hair

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thanks Murray havent seen that in years, crying into my muesli

DrJ

What’s in store if he visits Germany? Kraftwerk?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jkomo

NICE – a year to the day since the Terrorist attack

maccruiskeen

Trumps hair, look at the hair

It’s got the moves!

sadexpunk

could you explain to someone who doesnt do ‘subtle p1ss-taking’ what the joke actually is? is it that theyre calling trump a ‘daft punk’ or that the song is ‘get lucky’ or just that you dont tend to get pop songs for that sort of occasion?
    must admit when i saw it on the news i thought nothing of it, just “oh, theyre showcasing the best of french music”.

sorry for being a bit dumb…..

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

I like the way Trump is betrayed by his own combover which bops away in time to the music. He’s mastered his poker face, now he needs to work on his poker hair.

colournoise

Not sure that it’s targeted piss taking, more it’s just silly funny, mischievous, and generally not the thing you do when a foreign dignitary visits. And I guess from previous form Trump doesn’t do irreverence well…

kormoran
    Free Member

Next up The Massed Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines do a 30 minute Underworld set.

Lager Lager Shouting

chakaping
    Free Member

Mesmerised by the hair.

taxi25
    Free Member

sorry for being a bit dumb…..

Me to. Really I don’t think it’s a piss take or anything, just a bit of fun with the hope that it would be enjoyed by all in attendance.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Trump actually loved it, however he demonstrated it by his little known Hair Dance. That is very tiring for him and requires a huge amount of concentration, hence the poker face….. the joke’s on us.

I’ll get my coat.

cheers_drive

Thought it was excellent, much better than some of the traditional pomp. Not sure what the piss take is though

johnx2
    Free Member

The entire audience, bar a few old duffers no doubt, got that the band were showcasing France’s global pop superstars (sorry Jonny Halliday), with a medley of their much loved tunes, projecting a young,confident and playful nation. Trump had no idea what was going on. That’s the joke. Now beaten to death.

MrOvershoot

kormoran – Member

Next up The Massed Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines do a 30 minute Underworld set.

Lager Lager Shouting

That would be something to see 😀

Sandwich

Lager Lager Shouting

That’s a standard leave weekend for some units.

wallop

Absolute class – loved it!

wrecker
    Free Member

Frances Republican guard. Slightly less scary than Saddams.

DezB
    Free Member

Saw this on facebook earlier. I’m with Trump here, what a bloody horrible noise. Apart from that probably one of the most meh videos I’ve seen recently.

Edukator
    Free Member

I think you should go back to the hospital Dez, I think the accident has affected you more than you realise… .

DezB
    Free Member

Good point, well made

BigJohn

A selection of Dead Kennedys might get the message across.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘French army – daft punk’ is closed to new replies.