Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Freezing Rain
  • uplink
    Free Member

Loads of freezing rain here in the NE this morning
    Been out for a run & it's lethal in places

Take it easy if you're out on the bike this morning

votchy
    Free Member

Same here in Coventry, 50mm of snow at home in Redditch and freezing rain falling on top of it, over an hour to do normal 30min drive in to work, all aided and abetted by c0ck weasels that can only clear what the wipers reach, obscured lights and mirrors make for some scary manouveres(sp)

ebygomm
    Free Member

I've given up in the car, wouldn't even think about the bike! (North Nottinghamshire)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Just said the same on the snow thread – cycled 10 miles from Otley to leeds this morning and I've never experienced black ice like it. Nearly had to crawl down some of the side streets (and walking on black ice with overshoes and look cleats ain't easy!). Main roads were mostly ok, just with the odd patch of black ice for those "sh*t sh*t sh*t" moments where you feel yourself drift slightly…

Still, didn't seem to affect the speed of the cars passing me, although the few in the hedge were somewhat slower.

trout
    Free Member

Well I am sat at the top of this ice sheet

I might as well paint a target on the nobheads car at the bottom
    even our dog could not stand on it

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

NICE!
    Our neighbours kindly cleared their drives and the adjacent patches of road…these are now impassable without the aid of skis..

glenh
    Free Member

trout – looks just he same north of bradford this morning. Certainly and interesting trip into work. Not sure I've ever taken so many tiny mincing steps in one go before!

Seriously considering getting my boots and crampons out.

glenh
    Free Member

oh, just realised you are north of bradford 😳
    You must be pretty near me actually…

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

I bought Jay a pair of snow grippers last winter, they are a studded rubber "crampon" that stretches to fit over normal shoes. She's 7 months pregnant now and wears them to work everyday.

trout
    Free Member

Glenh

Silsden is where I lay my hat .

LOL no what you mean about the mincing steps .

glenh
    Free Member

I'm in Steeton. *waves*

glenh
    Free Member

Those look ace Jon. Where did you get them?

ComradeD
    Free Member

its bad in leeds, went to the shop 10mins ago and saw 2 crashes.
    People are driving so fast its stupid

votchy
    Free Member

Trout – just gives you an excuse to get on with building more lights 😉 In fact, couldn't you melt that ice with all the lumens you have to hand 😀

smudge
    Free Member

Eh Up troutie,

don't youre neighbours get on? one of thems got a cannon pointing at the house opposite to them 😆

trout
    Free Member

Ha HA
    turns out no target needed on nobs car

That will make his day the perp has left a note though.

NagsNog
    Free Member

Not really freezing rain but amazing any hoo…..

http://www.markdaviesmedia.com/cold

carlosg
    Free Member

http://www.autow.co.uk/snow_chains/shoe_chains_prices_253.html

These are what royal mail supply to us for winter , they seem pretty grippy except for when you pop into morrisons for some milk after work.

smudge
    Free Member

That will make his day the perp has left a note though.

I'm writing this note and people are walking past are thinking i'm leaving my insurance details. But in reality i'm just saying you a great Uncle **** leaving you're car here, what did you expect 8)

chainslapp
    Free Member

Its a good job that Knob parked that car there or that fence would have been damaged. 😆

spooky_b329

After scrolling back up to look for the cannon, I noticed the target car seemed to have already been clobbered 🙂

Had great fun in Brighton today…three attempts to get my van up the hill round the footie stadium, then got stuck behind a Porche Cayenne Turbo (the extra stupid version with humoungous black alloys, silly thin tyres and red painted brake calipers) which was struggling along the flat in the slush. The back of the car was sliding sideways over every little ripple in the slush at 5mph, you could see the wheels trying to go in opposite directions 🙂 It had just reversed out of the Grand Designs house, the Modern Mansion.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Freezing Rain’ is closed to new replies.