Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Freezing food
  • Cougar

Thinking of making cannelloni for tea tonight. It’s an experiment, never done it before.

I’m going to make enough for a few servings and, assuming it’s edible, freeze the rest. Question is, do I freeze it before baking, or bake it first?

(Also, do I defrost it in the microwave first when re-heating?)

What’s the STW collective wisdom?

maccruiskeen

You could say yes to any of the options really, they all work. The only hazard with baking first then freezing is an attack of wanton gluttony preventing any of it from reaching the freezer.

I’ve never successfully done the reheat the leftovers thing, because there are never any leftovers.

Cougar

That’s always a risk, true. (-:

jota180
    Free Member

I asked the missus – she’s Italian and even sings in Italian whilst cooking 🙂

She said you can if you want but it’ll taste like days old pasta when you re-heat it and only fit for the dog/chickens.

best eat it all in one I reckon 🙂

honeybadgerx

Just freeze some of the filling?

Cougar

That’s actually not a bad idea, but I’m basically trying to create home-made ready meals for when I CBA cooking.

cvilla

slightly OT but some frozen / re-heated food (curries, spag’ bol’, lasagne etc.) taste GREAT next day, just watch out for de-frosting chicken correctly! good luck:)

Cougar

As regular readers will know, I can guarantee that I won’t have any worries about defrosting chicken correctly.

One thing I noticed about chilli; it’s twice as hot after it’s been sitting in its own filth in the fridge for a couple of days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Freezing food’ is closed to new replies.