Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • freesat pvr
  • ton

is rarer than pixie pooh.

i work for a aerial/satellite wholesaler.
    we have been waiting for humax pvr since october.
    the supplier still has no date for delivery.

have you got one.
    if so where from please.

geoffj

Not got one yet Ton, Richer sounds have them on their website, but no real indication of stock. Do you know if they are any good?

ton

supposed to be good.
    you can watch one channel and record 2 other channels, as long as one of the channel you are recording is on the same multiplexer.
    320 gig hdd too is massive.

we will be selling them out a £229+vat.
    over £300 in the retail spots i think.

Harmitans
    Free Member

Two of the lads in my office have had these for a few weeks now. Both are chuffed to bits with them and both are fussy buggers with fairly impressive home entertainment setups.

Not sure where they purchased from, could find out in the morning though.

GJP
    Free Member

A friend of mine bought his from either comet or currys before Xmas – not sure which but defintely one of those two.

He seems very pleased with it and again he is a right fussy bugger in all respects

dicky
    Free Member

I saw them in John Lewis a few weeks ago.

jahwomble
    Free Member

bought my humax from john lewis just before crimbo. ‘kin great, just as reliable/flakiness free and easy to use as their freeview hard disk boxes are. EPG and search facility are well laid out and easy to use, picture and sound as good as anything else that I’ve seen, and I’m really, really a***y about what I watch and listen to, hardware wise. And if its the same as the non pvrs they do, you can tune the non freesat channels in as well, although they are a bit crap, or locked out so i haven’t tried.

I’d buy one, well if I hadn’t already you what i mean

ridethelakes
    Free Member

I was lucky to get mine the week they came out from Argos, think they were the only supplier in the country that had them in stock.

I love mine, as above the software is relatively excellent compared to others but still frustrates occasionally. All the usual stuff is there like series record which is dead simple. The 320gb hard drive is fairly big but soon gets filled up with HD programs. There’s a usb for adding on an additional external hard drive so I added a terrabyte drive to it so don’t even bother deleting stuff now. Picture is superb, standard def and high def although it’s only 1080i and not 1080p.

Yes you can access non-freesat channels but I haven’t bothered.

geoffj

Sounding good peeps. Ton – don’t suppose Joe Public would be able to get one from your place at that price?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘freesat pvr’ is closed to new replies.