Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • freesat
  • justme
    Free Member

anybody got or looked at freesat – comments please g

ton

g, if you want freesat, i will sort you out mate……cheap like.
    i have it, a humax foxsat pvr.
    good for the big harddrive for recording.
    but nothing beats sky to be honest for sports and movies.
    no sport on freesat.

forge197
    Free Member

Freesat is no sky replacement for sure, we use it as the rental had no aerial but had a dish it mean't good quality TV picutre for the cost of a box and no recurring fee it works great and does HD.

As ton says no sport on freesat and limited to non movies, guess it depends what you want from it.

justme
    Free Member

dont watch the sport or movie channels on sky only really watch bbc3 and the like as were not big telly watchers so may not affect us much
    ton cheers for that will give you a bell over the next day or two g

Swayndo
    Free Member

I got a Humax Foxsat PVR via Ton earlier in the year. Great piece of kit. Hooked straight into my Sky+ connections and gives limited HD and upscaled SD. Great picture and also gives a DD signal to my AV amp. The unit is really nice to use, has loads of storage space for recording to the HDD and has never once crashed on me (unlike Sky+).

In the last week I've hooked up an ethernet connection via homeplugs and managed to find the code to access BBC iPlayer (which has a surprisingly good pic). ITV Player to follow in the first half of 2010. All this for **** all subscription. Couldn't be happier about it really.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Swanydo? where exactly did you find that code? cos I've been looking for it as well.

Swayndo
    Free Member

It's "live" in alphanumerics … 5483. You just press the red button and enter that code as if it was a text page.

jahwomble
    Free Member

ooooh ta :)works a treats thanks……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘freesat’ is closed to new replies.