Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FiveTen Freerider VXi users, vs Freerider….
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I’ve decided I need a spare pair of freeriders, as my single pair end up soggy for days after getting wet.

So, I’ve got a pair of standard Freeriders and the VXis sat in front of me now.

The VXis feel a much closer fit, and more like a running shoe. They feel stiffer, and higher cut.

The problem is, even though they both fit – I cant try them on the bike, as I want to send one pair back….

So, how do you find your VXis in comparison to the standard Freeriders? My two concerns are around there not being enough grip for going uphill, and the tongue being a bit stiff so causing rubbing on the top of my foot.

Has your tongue softened up over a few rides? and do they feel sticky enough when your not weighting the pedals?

Cheers chaps!

Ricks

banks
    Free Member

What about the Danny mac freerider – bit more padding and protection = more mint!

rickon
    Free Member

that’s my first pair ive already got 😉

hora
    Free Member

Any deals out there?

rickon
    Free Member

On VXis…. nope. I think Biketart are the cheapest at £85, the Freeriders can be had at £66.

I get on well with the Danny MacAskill ones – but they are initially a bit bulky.

I like the idea of the VXis, but just want to be sure about the grip on the pedals when not fully weighted.

The Freeriders I got did arrive with mud on the soles, and a russian newspaper rolled up inside them – thanks CRC! 😉

hora
    Free Member

66 where?? 🙂

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

CRC 😉

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

£64 now 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Well then, I decided to give the VXis a try tonight, as I’ve already got a pair of the Danny Mac Freeriders I thought something different would be good.

Turns out the bloody awesome, they’re not quite as sticky going up hill, but I never had a problem on steep, loose, rooty and tight climbs at all.

The lack of bulk, weight, and the added stiffness would make these an ideal Enduro racing shoe.

My wheelies and manuals appear improved too, weirdly. I’m sure it can’t be the shoe, but I normally have about 4 or 5 rotations on a wheelie, not it’s about 8, and my manuals are staying up for a good amount of time, probably enough to clear 3 or 4 pumps.

I can see these being less fatiguing over a long ride, as they’re that much stiffer than the Freeriders.

They are higher cut, and the tongue is a lot stiffer, so they are going to take time to break in and mellow – whereas the Freeriders are soft from the get go.

If you want soft and lazy, then go for the Freeriders, if you want a performance shoe then get the VXis. They’re a totally different shoe.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I bought a pair of VXi’s for going on a recent long weekend trip to Dalbeattie, wore them at Ae & Mabie & can honestly say, they are the best mtb shoes ever! 🙂

Go on, treat yourselves……..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘FiveTen Freerider VXi users, vs Freerider….’ is closed to new replies.