Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Freenas Help
  • Shakey
    Free Member

I have downloaded and installed Freenas on an old PC. After a lot (and I mean a lot) of hassle I have managed to add,format and mount (no sniggering at the back) a raid array. I have also created a share which is visible in Windows Explorer.

The problems I have is that the PC will not boot from the hdd, just get cursor flashing in top right), and when I reboot I cannot see the raid array without adding/mounting the raid array.

I am not bothered if the PC doesn't boot from the hard disk, although this would be nice, but it would be nice if I didn't have to add the riad array each time I reboot. Is there some save option I am missing?

Thanks Shakey

woody2000

How many drives have you got? Software RAID?

Shakey
    Free Member

3 drives, 1 IDE amd 2 SATA. I have installed Freenas to the IDE drive but as I said it won't boot and configured the SATA drives for Software Raid.

Devid of a job to mount the raid but finally did it. I am assuming that as Freenas won't boot from the IDE drive then it is not saving the config!

Shakey
    Free Member

Bump – oops

geoffj

I suppose you've set the boot sequence properly in the bios. Sounds like it may be trying to boot off one of the SATA rather than the IDE?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Freenas Help’ is closed to new replies.