Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Freehub questions kinesis cx wheelset
  • antigee

Got a clunking noise out back took wheel off to check if cassette loose and no but when back on bike and thru axle tight you can move the free hub about 1 / 1.5mm just checking as new to me…is the freehub shagged? Wheelset is Kinesis cx not sure what version would need to go look for order …Kinesis have spares but I’m in Aus..suspect they are Novatec hubs…Not replaced a freehub before assume they are specific to the hub?

hopkinsgm

I’ve got some Crosslight HDs (32 spoke version of the v4’s). A while back, the bike they were fitted on developed an annoying creak under pedalling load – checked crank bolts, chainring bolts, bottom bracket, headset, stem, etc… ended up being the rear wheel end caps which thread onto the axle and had rattled a little loose – nipped then up and the creak went away. Worth checking if you haven’t already…

antigee

Cheers think mine prob v3possv2….Yep did chainring checks replaced BB (only 6months old but creaking!)…think on mine the end caps just push in but will check

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    antigee

@hopkinsgm

ended up being the rear wheel end caps which thread onto the axle and had rattled a little loose

cheers spot on except not a “little loose” very loose and feeling very ignorant never had to fettle a freehub and had no idea with thru axle that the end caps should be tightened with a cone spanner thought they rattled because just pressed in!

cheers job done

hopkinsgm

@antigee – good to hear you’ve got it sorted. Some hubs the end caps push on, some hubs the end caps thread on to the axle tube. TBH, the penny only dropped when I came to change the end caps to convert from 135QR to 142×12 to swap the wheels onto another bike…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Freehub questions kinesis cx wheelset’ is closed to new replies.