Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Freecycle
  • robbo1234biking

Does anyone subscribe to their local freecycle group? When I moved out of my old house I had a pool table I wanted to get rid off – only a small thing cost about £30 so wasnt worth selling on so advertised it on there and was gone the same evening. If you have something to get rid off it is great….

BUT how many ridiculous people are there on it who post wanted adds for PS2’s, Nintendo DS’s, Taxed and MOT’d cars etc!!!! I mean what are they expecting.

They should stop people putting wanted adds on as it ruins the point of the group.

The other problem is every person has a different sob story of why they want your items. It may be perfectly valid but there does seem to be a lot of people with various sob stories as to why they should receive your item. Call me cynical but I just dont believe them all!!!!

Wiredchops
    Free Member

I know where you’re coming from.

You could post up a rancid placenta on freecycle and it’d be gone before you clicked ‘send’. On the occasions I’ve gone for an item (never posted a ‘wanted’ as I agree with you) I’ve never been close to getting the item. Just not quick enough or willing to stalk the newsgroup 24/7. It’s a pity really. Moving into our first unfurnished home soon and am hoping to pick up some battered furniture to restore for the house. I’m not expecting much though. I do think it’s a great way to pass on stuff you don’t have a need for but can’t help think that the freecycle reality is a cry away from the idealised concept.

Si C

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

.. And after all the replies, half the time someone says they will collect they don’t turn up!

The Wanted’s are a pain and clog up the bandwidth, especially if you switch on, on a saturday morning!

Use Outlook Rules to immediately dump anything with “freecycle” and “wanted” into the wastebin, that reduces the overhead dramatically.

Dump all “freecycle” and “offered” somewhere else to look at in one block.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Freecycle’ is closed to new replies.