Free Trailside Food – Blackberries

Home Forum Bike Forum Free Trailside Food – Blackberries

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Free Trailside Food – Blackberries
  • Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

Yeah, loads of blackberries round this way at the moment!

robbieh

Yep, just got back from a short ride with my granddaughter up on Greenham common where its covered in blackberries. told the mrs so hopefully she,ll take the hint to get some for a pie!!!!!q

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

Bramble whisky time soon I reckon!.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Still some bilberries around too – Got a pies worth from brimham rocks at the weekend.
    (then grazed blackberries from Brayton Barff the next day).

Years ago, they would have been picked clean. People don’t seem to bother these days!
    Thankfully my boys are ravenous foragers 🙂

no_eyed_deer

Yeah, I know – totes! The blackberries have been helping me out on the last few miles back to home at a bush I keep visiting each week now, having bonked out a tad. Scoffing loads of them works really well TBH.. 😀

chomp

finally worked out how to deal with Damsens this past weekend

gotta cook the feckers for a while, then stone em and put in a crumble with some blackberries

top noshing

scottfitz

I tried some chocolate truffles once but they tasted funny.

IanMunro

Only pick ones at least 7ft off the ground.
    I’ve peed on the rest.

discoduck

I was just gonna say

Knowing my luck I’d get a slack handfull of some that Njee had piddled on 😉

jekkyl

Has anyone else, like myself, stopped off to recently enjoy the fruits of this fair nation, free blackberries now ripening on brambles in hedgerows at the edge of fields? mmmm yum yum. A good tip: rather than pick and pop one by one, pick a few and collect them in your free hand then pop them all in your mouth at the same time. Gloriously juicy and gorgeous. mmm yum yum. Watch out for maggots though!

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

The lanes around Claife were riddled with them this weekend. Wish I hadn’t bothered packing so many snacks.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

First time I went to Afan ,I bumped into a fella picking wild strawberries,they tasted amazing. nom.

Premier Icon bruk
    Subscriber

Have an enormous overgrown bramble patch in the paddock. Favourite food of our 3 yr old right now. Ok lad lets go pick some brambles. Strange he never seems to come back with his bowl full but always has a mucky purple face/hands/t-shirt to go with his smile.

Loving it and contemplating trying to freeze some and maybe make some jam when I have more time.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Just a quick warning about eating that other tempting trailside treat, mushrooms- this can be perfectly safe but you need to be very careful which ones you pick, smurfs can be dangerous when angered.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Blackberries are just starting to appear here.

But the forest smelled ace a few weeks back with wild raspberries. Shame they were all intermingled with nettles. Bumper crop for sure.

Hectares of wild garlic too at the right time of year. Ace smell too.

grim168

Just knocked up a bottle of damson gin for christmas.

Premier Icon PePPeR
    Subscriber

I’m so lucky that outside my workshop are raspberry canes brambles and blackthorn bushes with cherry treesaand apple trees aroubd the corner.

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

Our apple trees have gone mental this year, I picked around 20 from one tree and it doesn’t look any different.

We’ve had raspberries and blackberries so far, the raspberries were really short in season though.

My missus found a maggot in one she was about to eat.

MarkBrewer

IanMunro – Member

Only pick ones at least 7ft off the ground.
    I’ve peed on the rest.

7ft 😯 Have you got a high pressure pump attached to your bladder 😆

no_eyed_deer

IM has a massive 7ft shlong. 😯

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Free Trailside Food – Blackberries’ is closed to new replies.