Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Free Microsoft office trial. Does this exist?
  • KidDynamite
    Free Member

I have had to resort to an old computer for a couple of weeks and it doesnt have office.

I have used open office before and thought it pretty sub standard.

Is there such thing as a free 30 day trail of the latest version of office available anywhere on the internet?

All help greatfully recieved!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

no but there are versions of office that perhaps stretch the bounds of legality nudge nudge wink wink

[EDIT] or maybe there is 😳

woody2000

2010 beta avaiable for 6 months at the mo?

GrahamS

I believe the trial can be converted to a full version with a license key.
    But if you are going to buy then I'd get a license from that software4students site.

Home and Student Edition is all most people need.

aracer
    Free Member

But if you are going to buy then I'd get a license from that software4students site.

What if you're not a student?

There are of course ways to buy official and totally legal versions of MS Office for far less than the student price 😀

GrahamS

There are?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

pray tell!

GrahamS

Hmm.. not seen that before, but it sounds like your employer has to be signed up for some Microsoft Software Assurance thing?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

"You need a program code from your employer to be eligible." though it doesn't say what a program code is…

TinMan
    Free Member

an email address ending in .nhs.uk works
    Edit: Office pro is then <£10

sslowpace
    Free Member

The licence needs to be renewed yearly on the hup offer

molgrips
    Free Member

Home version of office is £70 ish for 2 licenses. That's pretty damn good considering what you get – could be the best value for money software ever sold. Try http://www.ecostsoftware.com.

And yes there is a 60 day trial I think.

aracer
    Free Member

The licence needs to be renewed yearly on the hup offer

Where do you get that from? Not had mine a year yet, but not something I've heard of, and loads of people round here have had it a lot longer.

GrahamS

Home version of office is £70 ish for 2 licenses. That's pretty damn good considering what you get

Actually it's £60 from Amazon for 3 licences.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000HCZ8EO/

Or if you're a student then £39 for Standard Edition as mentioned above:
    http://www.software4students.co.uk/Microsoft_Office_Standard_2007-details.aspx

KidDynamite
    Free Member

The link to the free 60 day trail is perfect for the short time i will be using the computer its on. Thanks!

And I completely agree, especially when bought on a deal MS office is a bargain!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

You might be able to get away with Office Live – the online version if its only for a short period.

Beware the cheaper versions of Office. They do not include Outlook and some other bits.

I've got a fully kosher, still sealed copy of Office Professional Edition 2007 if anyone's interested. RRP is £260

aracer
    Free Member

Beware the cheaper versions of Office. They do not include Outlook

Surely that's an advantage?

molgrips
    Free Member

Outlook's way more than home users need, and for most is needlessly complicated. Certiainly not worth spending £200 on which is about the price difference 🙂

GrahamS

Yep, most home users are moving to webmail these days anyways.

And Windows Mail is usually enough for those that prefer a mail client.

cxi
    Free Member

The NHS home use programme is great.

Office 2007 Enterprise for under £20 😀

aracer
    Free Member

I've got Outlook, and wouldn't use it if I did use a mail client (but I just use webmail as Graham says).

Office 2007 Enterprise for under £20

Surely you should get it for rather less than that (see my link above)?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Free Microsoft office trial. Does this exist?’ is closed to new replies.