Free: 2014 MTB Calendar

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Free: 2014 MTB Calendar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Free: 2014 MTB Calendar
  • Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

Says “Singletrack” on the front, but seems to be full of bike trade adverts rather than original photographs.
    Free to a good home before I bin recycle it.

robhughes

I’ll have it please.
    I’ll email my address over.Cheers..

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

It is a very poor calendar took better shots myself!

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

how many days are in it?

Premier Icon JohnClimber
    Subscriber

If there’s more than 52 weekends next year in it, I’ll have it off you please

Premier Icon FOG
    Subscriber

Have to agree. This is the worst yet by a margin, eclipsing even the couple perving with a hose pipe. Only one picture even vaguely reflected the riding I do and while I agree some pretty wallpaper can be nice , this wasn’t it.

robhughes

O well.Only cost me 50p postage.Could always use it to light the fire. 😀

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

A Calendar for calendars sake will gladly give mine away JC!!

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

It’ll be in the post to Rob in the morning!

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

Excellent! I win £5 for predicting that you’d be the first to moan on the forum about this year’s free calendar. No really! 🙂

Sometimes I wonder why you bother to subscribe at all since all you do every issue is rush to be first to post about how terrible Singletrack is. It’s like death and taxes. Don’t get me wrong, we’d miss it if you didn’t. We’d worry something had happened to you 🙂

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

More importantly, I can’t join in this thread because mine hasn’t turned up yet 🙁

akasteve

Can anybody tell me where all the locations are? Only a couple are labelled up.

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

Sorry Mark, its just a disappointment, and has been for the last couple of years.
    You publish a wealth of truly fantastic, inspiring photographs in the magazine every month. I just don’t understand why you don’t use those pictures. I understand why you sell each month for advertising, but why do you have to use the advertisers picture as your main photo for the calendar? Why not use your own pictures of the kind of riding and trails that the majority of your readership love ?

Sometimes I wonder why you bother to subscribe at all

I have questioned the quality a couple of times in the past I know, and each time been pleasantly surprised by the following issue, enough to persuade me to keep on buying it. However I’ve not had the time, or been motivated to make the time, to read the last few, so there’s no point me wasting my money on printed matter that I don’t want. I’ll keep the digital sub so I can dip in and out occasionally, but I simply don’t feel the need for the magazine itself any more.

It comes down to partly the fact the the mag content has changed a bit, but mainly that my demands from the cycling media have changed too. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy some of the content, the interviews with people in the industry, the stories of overnight epics in the Cairngorms etc, but I don’t want to read about grouptests of £1000 hardtails, or of professional cyclists riding in Hawaii.

On the plus side, Rob is getting a cheap calendar that he wants, and I’m not wasting anything. Happy?

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

ir_bandito, my copy hasn’t turned up yet, so can you please drop yours round if you’re not going to read it? 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Free: 2014 MTB Calendar’ is closed to new replies.