Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Fred Whitton challenge
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The entry list is up, who got a place?

Who’s lucky enough to be a “first time rider?” Who’s going to get plenty of riding done before hand and get a quick time?

Didn’t get an entry myself, a bit upset since it something I look forward to every year. I might go and watch you all on Hardknott if its not raining though.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I could not get an entry a few years ago, I just turned up, got my bike out, gave a donation at the HQ and rode round the loop with the rest of them, got offered food and drink at every “rest stop” but did not take any, homest. 8)

If you want to be pedantic, they are open roads so “you” could tell then to “do one”

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Badman!

I could do that, infact I could go and ride it now if I wanted. Its just not the same if your name isnt on the entry list.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I gave up with FW after several attempts to get in. There’s a knack apparently.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Join Broughton Wheelers?

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Failed – gutted, but might ride anyway, I loved it last year.

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

I’m in, looking forward to it should be a good laugh as there is a group of 5 of us together. Just hope we get some dry weather!

nammynake
    Free Member

Did it last year for the first time and ‘lucky’ to get entry again this year. Better start building up the miles!

marvincooper

My first attempt and I’m in! Training starts here…

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

First attempt at an entry and got in, excellent!!
    Going to start upping the mileage and hills as i want to get a good time if i can (for me) around 8 hours.
    I just want to make sure i get up all the hills which i’m confident of doing, its just Hardknott i need to work on.

tlr

I’m in.

First time for a couple of years, but I have done it twice before.

hopevalley

I’m in, 6th one in 7 years for me… Hope it’s going to be my quickest yet.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good luck to you all. Its due some good weather this year I reckon.

stucol
    Free Member

Just be glad it’s not been on the telly (that i know of).

The Snow Roads Audax (North East Scotland, 160 miles) was on The Adventure Show (BBC2 Scotland) and sold out in 3 days !

That would make it even more difficult to get into the FWC.

radoggair
    Free Member

got in again for 2nd year running. Think only 1400 out of 1600 started last year.

planning to start with 8am fast bunch and get another fast time

boxelder

I’m in, with a number 10 plate – cool.
    Won’t be 10 by the end………..

Spud

Yep, first attempt and got in. Two of us doing it.

LardLover
    Free Member

Fred Whitton virgin here 🙂

I’ll be riding in my club kit (M Steel Cycles), I’m the only one in the club to get a spot on the start line – although if I don’t start and do some serious training they may not let me ride in the team clothing and thus embarrass the club and the shop 😳

I’ll be the typical MAMIL on a bike that is way too good for the rider.

Also, if number ’13’ isn’t unlucky enough I’ve gone and got number ‘1313’ – so bad they numbered it twice. I think I’m going to suffer.

Oh dear 🙁

Please say hello and offer me some encouragement when your passing me, going backwards on the uphill sections. Thank you.

brack
    Free Member

FW Virgin

No training yet

Number 384

😯

jimmers
    Free Member

First time application and first time rider.

Entry accepted and I’m in 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Fred Whitton challenge’ is closed to new replies.