• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Fraudulent eBay purchase. Can I stop DPD delivery?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

My daughter has had her ebay account hacked and the scum bags have ordered a £400 Garmin watch which is set to be delivered by DPD tomorrow to some address in Worcester. It’s even being sent to her name, but a different address to home.

We have the DPD tracking number and I have changed the delivery date to next Friday in an attempt to stop the delivery happening, but am a bit of a loss. Poor kid has saved really hard so she is rather upset.

What options do we have?

riklegge

If you have the DPD tracking number, is it not possible to change the delivery address, or at least to “collect from the depot”, then go and get it? I realise she didn’t order it, but at least you end up with the item…

Drac

Contact ebay, contact the seller and change her password.

scaredypants

… then set up 2-step authentication on paypal

good luck

tthew

Well, if you’ve got the address and some kind of trail of evidence I’d be onto the police, probably in Worcestershire?

Presumably they also have some kind of access to a payment account, (bank, PayPal?) as well as eBay. They should be able to help, (and you need to change passwords, get cards cancelled etc.) Get in touch with the seller, apart from final delivery options as riklegge says, they have to deal with DPD as they purchased the delivery service. They may be able to get it returned and not delivered.

imnotverygood

Can’t you get the police to be there when it is delivered?

flanagaj
    Free Member

We have put a lock on her card and changed ebay login details. What is strange is that the payment went through paypal, but there is no paypal transaction for it and Lloyds are saying the payment was via paypal.

Have considered the Police, but I suspect they have got bigger issues than this.

Poopscoop

Absolutely contact the police.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Contact the police, if nothing else then you get a crime number if its needed for the bank/paypal.

but there is no paypal transaction for it and Lloyds are saying the payment was via paypal.

May become an issue that lloyds will say their involvement ends with paypal which isnt fraud as you authorised the direct debit. Which means you have to rely on paypal for the refund.

Might be pay after delivery if via paypal?

Matt24k
    Free Member

Other than a crime number you will get nothing from the Police. Get Ebay and Paypal involved ASAP and do all you can to delay/redirect the delivery.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Other than a crime number you will get nothing from the Police.

Maybe true but it still needs to be reported because this person will be doing it to more than one person and if the rozzers get multiple reports of a similar scam in a similar area they may well take an interest and if none of the multiple victims report it the rozzers won’t even know.

Every crime needs to be reported, when the numbers mount up action is taken.

globalti
    Free Member

Spot on – the Police respond when reports stack up and they think there’s a good chance of building a case.

martinhutch

May become an issue that lloyds will say their involvement ends with paypal which isnt fraud as you authorised the direct debit. Which means you have to rely on paypal for the refund.

If it’s not appearing on her Paypal account, does that mean the fraudster has set up a fresh Paypal account with her bank details?

regenesis
    Free Member

You can’t have the same payment details on different accounts.
    PayPal won’t allow it

retro83
    Free Member

What paypal account is linked on the ebay account?

Have you called paypal/ebay OP? When I’ve needed help before they were surprisingly decent on the phone.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

surely the police will be interested as you will be able to give them a 1 hour window within which to wait for delivery and then a sure-fire collar ??

They can do the paperwork whilst they wait in the car eating donuts…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And thinking ahead, you have their name and address…..

Send a letter addressed to Mr & Mrs (insert name here) saying whats happened.

Best case its a teenager and will get a bolocking from mum and dad.

Middle case their partner opens it and does the same.

Worst case, sad loaner and nothing.

toby

Get it diverted to a local shop pickup? That would require thieving scrote to show ID, I’d have thought. As he won’t have ID in your daughters name (unless the shop is lax), it’ll not get picked up and sent back.

100inch
    Free Member

Phone paypal. They are actually quite helpful on the phone, and will be all over this like a rash. Any fraud gets swiftly acted upon, and they’ll more than likely issue a refund too.

wwaswas

I’d contact the seller too – if they think they’re going to have the money hoicked back by Paypal they’ll be quite motivated to try and get DPD to recall the parcel…

Ewan
    Free Member

surely the police will be interested as you will be able to give them a 1 hour window within which to wait for delivery and then a sure-fire collar ??

You’d think wouldn’t you? Someone defrauded my sainsburys account – I spoke to the police and said I had the time of the £200 click and collect they’d booked, and they weren’t interested. I literally had a 30 minute slot during which the criminal would present themselves to the rozzers, and all they told me to do was contact my bank.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Fraudulent eBay purchase. Can I stop DPD delivery?’ is closed to new replies.