Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Frankenbike of sorts….
  • So, rather than service and repair the E150 SL’s on my 2008 S-Works Enduro, I’ve gone for some new X-Fusion Vengeance forks – as some of you will have gathered from recent posts.

Thought I was going to have to change my front (25mm hub) Roval front wheel, but have found some 20mm adaptors on the shed.

However, at some point I will undoubtedly want a new front. Would it be ridiculous to stick a 650b up front (the fork accepts 650b) with the rear remaining at 26″?

Just a thought!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Would this be a 67.5er?

Or, as 650b is wrongly marketed as 27.5″, and is really 27″ – a 67’er?

I wouldn’t want to give my bike an identity crisis! Oh, hold on, it doesn’t have feelings, does it?

brakes
    Free Member

wouldn’t work, your rear wheel will be spinning faster and be trying to overtake the front all the time.

jambourgie
    Free Member

🙂

Well if it worked for the Penny Farthing…

rOcKeTdOg

Do it, got similar plans for my 26″ HT

patriotpro
    Free Member

A new stw niche in the making – good work.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Somebody has probably done it on an ego chariot but you may well be the first person to do it on an Enduro SL?

timmys

No different to sticking a slightly bigger tyre on your current wheel.

Anyone remember the Spesh Big Hit that had a 26″ front and 24″ rear? A mate had one and it looked weird.

brakes
    Free Member

I used to love that 26/24 big hit. always wanted one and used to trawl the classifieds looking for one, but never got round to buying one.
    people always sold them with the rear wheel included.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Frankenbike of sorts….’ is closed to new replies.