Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Frame strap that protects your stuff
  • molgrips
    Free Member

What I want is something like a little saddle pack but I don’t want it under my saddle. So something I can strap to say the downtube behind the bottle cage. Frame straps are popular, which is close to what I want, but it needs to hold tube, possibly tubeless kit, maybe CO2, and a multi tool.

I don’t really want my tool getting regularly covered in mud, and that’s quite a few things to carry together. So I could wrap them all in some sort of tiny little drybag, but is there something that’s integrated? Needs to be slim to avoid being clipped by pedals if it’s on the downtube.

On the Salsa I have two bottle cages so I could easily put a cannister in one, but that means only one bottle which isn’t enough for longer rides for me. And my XC bike only has one cage anyway.

frogstomp

The 76 Projects (Little) Piggy with dry bag / pouch sounds like it fits your brief..

submarined
    Free Member

So you mean you want a small frame bag?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bullroar
    Free Member

Something like this, someone bought me one as a present and I use it strapped to front of the top tube. Seems pretty stable except on the roughest territory. Mine has multi tool, CO2 bottle and a few odds and sods. You won’t get a tube in it but you could strap that elsewhere. I also have a bottle with other spares.

trailwagger
    Free Member

+1 for 76 Projects… Piggy or Little piggy depending on where you want to fit it or if you want to swap it between bikes. The dry bag is excellent too.

https://www.ukgravelbike.club/2019/06/10/76projects-on-bike-storage/

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Unless it’s an auld frame you don’t care about, frame strap + grit + vibration + wet = a mess.

Bumbag, saddle pack or camelbak for me.

orena45
    swoosh
    Free Member

Another vote for 76 projects piggy. I’ve used one for a couple of years now for local rides and it’s been great. I like the extra flexibility of the little piggy but that wasn’t around when I ordered mine. Love it, fits everything you need but nothing that you don’t.

Stigheed

Have you considered a King Cage?

molgrips
    Free Member

So you mean you want a small frame bag?

No, frame bags typically don’t cinch the contents so they rattle around. I’ve used them before.

I did think of the saddle bag at first, I have one of the neat self cinching ones on the road bike

King Cage – presume you mean the Kargo Kage?

The under-saddle bag I don’t particularly like because it adds weight and the saddle is the part that waggles around the most so I can feel it. However I admit I hadn’t considered strapping it somewhere else.

The Dakine and the Little Piggy look great though. Bit of frame tape should sort any abrasion issues. I’d need some sort of additional bag for the little Piggy to keep my tool dry I reckon. Super easy to swap between bikes.

frogstomp

I’d need some sort of additional bag for the little Piggy to keep my tool dry I reckon.

If you scroll down on the link above you’ll see the option dry bag and pouch for the Piggys.

kazafaza
    Free Member

If you have a classic water bottle cage you may as well just wrap the bag/roll like you would around the saddle rails:
    Krampus

fudge9202
    Free Member

What about a drjohnbagworks strapdeck?
    This

DeWidget Strap ‘Deck’

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Frame strap that protects your stuff’ is closed to new replies.