Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Frame protection tape – yes or no?
  • Kuco

The only thing I ever tape up is the underside of the down tube. I know people tape up their frame to protect it for re-sale value but I’ve never bought a bike thinking about what I can get for it when I sell it.

weeksy

I’ve never bought a bike thinking about what I can get for it when I sell it

That’s the thing for me, I’m a grown adult but my lad is growing week by week. So anything we buy has a finite lifespan currently.

The longest we’ve owned a bike is a year. In 6 months he’s grown 5″

I think by next spring the blue GT will go as it’ll be too small.

kimbers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    anderzz
    Free Member

I have an AMS kit on mine in all the contact areas and I think it’s as good as I need. Think I paid about 15 quid in amazon warehouse.

Spending £100+ on a kit was tempting but then I figured I’d just put that money towards a respray if I really cared that much.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

That’s the thing for me, I’m a grown adult but my lad is growing week by week. So anything we buy has a finite lifespan currently.

LOLs. Even if your son didn’t cycle at all you’d still have the second biggest turnover of bikes after Maddison 😅😆

Saccades
    Free Member

I invisframe’d my new bike. I’d spent a rediculous amount of money buying the thing and I want it to look as good as possible for as long as possible.

It’s 5 years old and >95% looks new with a wash.

My 2 year old road bike looks ancient in comparison.

I don’t understand why bikes don’t have it as OEM spec tbh.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.