Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • frame bearings – where/what to buy?
  • nutsnvolks
    Free Member

So, i have a 2011 specialized stumpjumper fsr and the frame bearings are in need of replacement, just wondered who people use for new bearings and wht type??

i need to order asap, but am unsure, the only ones ive found (other than main dealer) is MBbearings on the net/ebay – they have 2 types, the “MBS” bearings @29.99 or the “MBF” bearings @ 43.99 so are the MBF ones worth sending the extra on? is there anywhere else i should look? could do with a quick delivery as would like bike ready for weekend ideally!!

thanks
    jon

orangeboy
    Free Member

The genuine Spesh ones do seem a good quality and last longer than cheap after market one IMO
    But I have never used the exact ones you mention

Getting the Horst link bearings out will be the real headache

tmb467
    Free Member

I ordered from mb bearings

Got the 6 main pivot bearings as full complement ones

The bottom bracket and Horst link ones I left as mbs

Came to about 40 quid (not much less than a full set of mbf)

They ended up sending me enduro bearings by mistake – so I was pretty happy

rickmeister

Have a search on Ebay for KaTec bearing kits. Kael has a good business with these and I have bought several sets for different bikes, from him. In fact just got a Mavic wheel kit this weekend.

He has made a vid on facetube to show how to remove the Horst Link bearings and could probably sell you the tool to do the job.

HTH

mikewsmith
    Free Member

when you get them out or get new ones right down the numbers and get the best you can get from your local bearing shop.

The genuine Spesh ones do seem a good quality and last longer than cheap after market one IMO

Even the giant Speciailized still (probably) doesn’t have it’s own bearing manufacturing plant in house.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Looked on ebay and could only find the mb bearings!! So I’ve ordered a set of mbr ones! Just have to see how it goes, couldn’t find any off katec bit did see a video showing a Horst link bearing removal tool, tbh just looks like a small rawl bolt or similar!! I am sure I can knock something up to remove them, if not I know where to go for the “tool”

Northwind

I don’t know if Kaesae (Katec) does a kit for your bike… He’s a nutter, likes, but he’s our nutter and the bearings have always been spot on for me.

He did a mate of mine a good turn- junior racer, totally unprompted, just gave him a big discount with no strings. Quite classy that.

rickmeister

I’m with Northwind, Kael has been great and really helpful with our stuff…

He’s a nutter, likes, but he’s our nutter

[quote], aye and his on line persona is different to his face to face one. Really helpful guy.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/KaTec-Bikes

This is what you need.

HTH

composite
    Free Member

+1 for Kaesae. 🙂

pitduck
    Free Member

kaesae at katec here too,nice man sorted me out a couple off times. 😀

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’m sure Spesh don’t make there own.
    But they ones we get from them last longer than the ones we get from our local bearing supplier

tmb467
    Free Member

That’s cos they are full complement bearings

orangeboy
    Free Member

Thanks that’s the phrase I was struggling to remember

scruff
    Free Member

BETD sell full set of Enduro bearings, cost me £40 for my big hit. The spesh bearings didnt last 6 months.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘frame bearings – where/what to buy?’ is closed to new replies.