Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Frame bag for HT
  • beagle
    Free Member

Looking for a small frame bag to sit in the headtube/down tube/top tube junction.

I like the look of the Cotic x restrap ones (for S,M longshot bikes). So a relatively compact one. I don’t own a Cotic. Before I get on to them and purchase, does the Stw collective have any alternatives? Other than going custom? It’s for a newish medium P7.

TIA 👍

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I can only recommend Wildcat Gear. Custom or OTP.

hardtailonly

Also interested, although probably for a bag that goes under the top tube and in front of the seat tube.

bri-72

I’ve been mulling over same. Evoc do a bag similar I’ve been thinking about, not sure sizing however.

dc1988

I have a Blackburn Outpost corner bag, I use it on my Bird Aeris as it’s not got much room but should work fine on a hardtail as a small bag. On my hardtail I run a bigger Podsacs one that is between top and seattube.

matt_outandabout

£7 odd at OnOne a couple of months back.

frogstomp

A bit bigger, but I’ve got a medium ‘normal’ (not Cotic) Restrap one on my medium frame Switch9er.. fits well and stays put.

hardtailonly

@matt_outandabout … Yeah, that’s exactly what I want, saw those on PX, and didn’t get one. Now they’re no longer available 🤦

Trouble with the ones that fit up behind the headtube is that it makes it difficult to use the bottle cage on the downtube … Fine for the gravel bike which has a cage on the seattube, but both my MTBs only have one cage, on the downtube.

beagle
    Free Member

Cheers All.

May give the Cotic one a try. It’s exactly the size/shape I want. Love something custom but £100 ish is a bit hard to swallow!

ads678

Ive been using this one from decathlon fir a couple of years now. Less than a tenner. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/300-1-5l-bike-frame-bag/_/R-p-120030

Shown on a medium mk2 Solaris.

reeksy

I’ve got a Cotic one on a large frame. Works nicely. When I get my Stanton frame if it fits i might rebadge it 🙂

A mate has the Evoc one. Looks really good and about the same size i’d say.

sirromj

I’ve got this Alpkit bag on my Bird Zero TR. A Lezyne Mini Track Pump sits just nicely in main compartment with room to spare for multitools, keys, other stuff. Mobile goes in slim compartment other side (though might recommend additional protection for it, especially if bag is fairly full).

martymac

@sirromj, does it have enough space for an extra saddle?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I had a Restrap one and although I used it for a while and it worked well enough, I never really got on with it. For some reason, it always felt awkward to use. For example, although it has pockets on both sides, as soon as you put something in one side, the other side becomes almost unusable.

I replaced it with an Apidura one which seems to work much better – not much bigger on the outside, but I can always fit more stuff in if I need to, and the pocket arrangement works better, with more attention to detail, like the provision of a hole for a charger cable, zips that are easier to handle with frozen fingers, more waterproof, a little zip section for phone/cards, etc.

mattvanders
    Free Member

Try weecog custom bags, I paid £50ish for a small bag (though it was very large small bag to fit a geomatron). Get some cardboard out to make a stencil for what you’re after and take measurements.

mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

I’ll second Weecog.
    They’re a pleasure to work with. Measure up your frame and let them know what you want and within a couple of weeks you have a custom bag. You get to choose the colour too. The quality is also great.

slowol

Beer Babe makes a ‘triangle pack’ that looks as though it might be what you’re after and at £17 cheaper than a lot. I’ve not bought from her but she gets very good reviews and will do custom bags. Handmade in the Uk too.
    https://www.beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/prod_6599570-Triangle-Pack-Rear.html

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Frame bag for HT’ is closed to new replies.