• This topic has 45 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Joe.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Fractured scaphoid….what are your experiences?
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

How come you didn’t go running before having the cast removed?

Sweat basically. I had to get the cast changed after two weeks because we had that hot spell and it got to the point where it was so wet that it wasn’t drying out. My skin didn’t appreciate it one bit.

I was walking the dog twice a day and doing various other bits in the garage (sit ups, squats, planks etc) but it’s not the same.

weeksy

Well i’m going out on the road on Sat, that will be 2 weeks since break. Just a gentle road pootle for cake with mate, nothing crazy.

The insurance one has been an interesting discussion, internet says “yes, no, maybe” so i called my insurance company and they were OK with it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

My insurance co were fine with driving too. Think the police may have a different view judging by posters in the plaster room.

I drive an auto so the impact was less.

sri16v
    Free Member

The driving part is interesting, I took my car for its 1st MOT last week (less than a mile down the road) and it was a bit more awkward gripping the wheel, due to the cast and the fixed position of my thumb.

Changing gear was fine and using the handbrake.

May ring my insurers to find out if they are happy with me driving in a cast, but then it also means I may have to go back to work!

weeksy

Well, 3 weeks today since the break. I’ve had virtually no pain at all, the odd tiny twinge, that’s it.

With the Zwift riding, let’s just say the plaster isn’t nice. I’m struggling to not cut it off and use a strap brace/splint. I’d just like a decent wash really.

Joe

I broke mine a few years ago, and 6 weeks later never had any trouble out of it really (Sometimes its a tad sore).

The problem with reading stories on the internet about injuries, is it typically is people who have problems, complications and complaints who seek answers online.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Fractured scaphoid….what are your experiences?’ is closed to new replies.