Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fractured cheekbone
  • finbar
    Free Member

Anyone had one?

I fell off my bike on Saturday and smashed my face in. Went to the minor injuries dept. on Sunday and had some x-rays, and they gave me the all clear. This evening I just had a call saying a consultant looked at my x-rays again today and it turns out i’ve fractured my cheekbone. I’ve got to go in to hospital at 8am tomorrow.

I’m hoping i won’t need surgery – my face feels a bit weird and numb on that side, but there’s no asymmetry (well, apart from a bit of swelling and all the grazes).

finbar
    Free Member

Here we go:

jon1973
    Free Member

Nasty, good luck tomorrow.

crikey
    Free Member

It’s such a tragedy; you were so pretty…

Sorry, just had my tea so having a bit of a giggle. If it’s displaced the old Max-Fax chaps may think about surgery, but if not I suspect hey will leave it to heal.

finbar
    Free Member

I know, i had to cancel all my modelling jobs this week 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

At least it didn’t spoil your hair.

alexxx
    Free Member

haha I just said to my mate “hopefully pictures” jeesus – I take that back

jon1973
    Free Member

you forgot to include a ‘before’ picture.

finbar
    Free Member

😆

looneylunn
    Free Member

I broke mine falling down the stairs. I had an op as the loose bone was interfering with my jaw opening. I recon if the bone is still attached and not affecting your jaw you might be ok. Aparently it’s a lot worse if your eye socket is broken too? Good luck.

crikey
    Free Member

A bit less blusher on the right and I suspect no one will ever tell.

Sorry again!

I think they’ll have a look and check how displaced it is, then check how stable it is, then decide how to proceed. If you are lucky, it will heal without intervention, if less so, you will end up with a titanium plate under your eye, but not much in the way of scarring.

Internet for info..

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

The NHS is rubbish though……

finbar
    Free Member

Phew, no metalwork required so i’ve just got to let it heal on its own. Thanks for the well wishes all.

peterfile
    Free Member

My little brother was mugged/beaten up a long time ago.

The charming brutes took turns jumping off a set of stairs onto his head and caved in the right side of his face.

The surgeons made an small incision slightly behind his hairline and reconstructed the shattered bones over 2 operations.

Even if I stare at the damaged side of his face, knowing exactly where all the damage was done, I still can’t find a single thing out of place, the surgeons did an outstanding job (NHS). Even he can’t spot anything “different”. He says it does feel a bit weird sometimes, especially if we’ve been out climbing in the cold etc, but nothing the write home about.

So basically, even if you do need surgery, don’t be worried. If you had seen the state of my brother after the attack, we didn’t expect he would look anything like the person we knew, never mind be completely restored without any trace of damage. Impressive work.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fractured cheekbone’ is closed to new replies.