Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Fracking bid rejected in Lancashire
  • bigjim

I usually tune out of politics but I really despise this government.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Can’t see the problem myself. It’s a requirement we need Gas, just so happens it’s in Lancashire as well as many other Counties. You’re first.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can’t see the problem myself. It’s a requirement we need Gas, just so happens it’s in Lancashire as well as many other Counties. You’re first.

I still think they should stick one in Surrey first.

bigjim

Witney looks to be a safe place to live if you don’t want fracking nearby.

binners

We’ll assume you’ll be inviting them to drill a fracking well next to your house, shall we? I’m taking it as read that you would. Not wanting to be a hypocrite, or anything?

Anyway……so it doesn’t matter what the people of Lancashire think (hi!) or what their democratically elected representatives decide, after studying all the evidence, and going through the standard legal procedures? No?

I did love the language used by the government spokesman:

“From now on the Secretary of State will be taking a more active role in planning applications, to assist the local authority in reaching the right decision”

Jesus! Kim Jong Un would have bene proud of that thinly veiled threat. Translates as ‘You ****ing chippy northerners can **** right off if you think that you’re stopping our mates from raping your environment, while making a ****ing fortune in the process, so stop geting ideas above your ****ing station. You’ve had your fun, now do as you’re ****ing told!”

Int Democrarcy BRILLIIIIAAAAAAAAAAANNNNTTT!!!!!!!

irc

We’ll assume you’ll be inviting them to drill a fracking well next to your house, shall we? I’m taking it as read that you would. Not wanting to be a hypocrite, or anything?

I’d have no objections. I’ve an active quarry within a mile of my house. They regularly use explosives. No issues. Fracking would be deeper than that.

I presume the objectors don’t use gas for heating or cooking because they aren’t hypocrites?

irc

I still think they should stick one in Surrey first.

Well they’ve been fracking in Dorset for years with no problems.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/10266881/Prof-Robert-Mair-Here-are-the-facts-about-fracking.html

irc

We’ll empower local authorities! Until they reach what we regard as the wrong decision, then we’ll simply ignore them, and it’s back to dictat from Westminster

Well no they just want councils to stick to timeframes.

Today’s measures include identifying councils that repeatedly fail to determine oil and gas applications within the 16 week statutory timeframe, with subsequent applications potentially decided by the Communities Secretary.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/faster-decision-making-on-shale-gas-for-economic-growth-and-energy-security

If councils are competent and work to decide applications in the correct time then it’s their decision. If they delay for political reasons or through incompetence then the grown ups will do it for them.

binners

They regularly use explosives. No issues.

Do they seep into the groundwater, these explosives?

I presume the objectors don’t use gas for heating or cooking because they aren’t hypocrites?

Other sources of gas are available. And indeed other sources of energy. We’re surrounded by wind turbines. I’ve no objection to those.

If councils are competent and work to decide applications in the correct time then it’s their decision. If they delay for political reasons or through incompetence then the grown ups will do it for them.

You are the Tory Energy Minister and I claim my token small wind turbine on the roof of my Oxfordshire barn conversion

Oh… also worth noting that the delays were due to the frackers twice asking for more time to get together more evidence. Don’t let that get in the way of the non-evidence-based narrative you’ve written in your head though

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Fracking bid rejected in Lancashire’ is closed to new replies.