• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Fox X2
  • hainman
    Free Member

so after my shock had its recall,its been serviced,new seals and the new can added,all tested and fully functional ,Im selling my bike it was on so put the old shock back on to sell the X2 separate,my worry is,are there tainted now or will they still be taught after after the recall??

wiggles
    Free Member

No idea what the general perception is but they haven’t got any worse… They are still amazing shocks

hainman
    Free Member

Nice to know wiggles,i know i might be asking a day question but the 200×50 and 200×57 are they the same shock but with a spacer in/removed??

euain

How long was it away for? I need to send mine away but don’t want to miss too much cycling.

honourablegeorge

Wouldn’t have thought so. It’s a brilliant shock and yours will have a new 2017 can so clearly has the recall behind it

mboy
    Free Member

What dimensions is your shock? I’m looking at upgrading from the 215×63 Monarch RC3+ on my bike at the moment.

hainman
    Free Member

Sorry Mboy it’s a 200×50/1

panzerjager
    Free Member

I don’t think it will put people off the shock, the issue they had wasn’t performance related & it seems to have been put right now.
    I’m looking for a 200 x 57 if anyone has an X2 they want to part with?

deanfbm
    Free Member

Mboy I have mine being delivered back to me to send today after the recall repair. 216×63 with climb switch.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fox Fanbois won’t worry about the recall Hainman.

hainman
    Free Member

@panzarjager I’m not sure but aren’t the 200×50 and 200×57 the same shock but with a spacer in
    I have never used my full travel on mine and wondered if it was down to having a spacer in it to stop using the last 10mm of travel
    But I could be wrong

chakaping
    Free Member

I think you are correct hainman, I was previously considering buying a 200/50 to convert for my old Reign.

There, you’ve got a potential sale already, does that answer your question?

🙂

hainman
    Free Member

So phoned mojo and they seem to think that this is in fact the same shock as the 200×57 but will need the spacer removed but it’s pricey as it’s a service at 90 quid and after it just being done and new seals fitted it’s not cheap

peaslaker
    Free Member

Does the recall change advice on maximum pressure and/or permitted volume adjustment? This might change applicability, particularly for heavier riders on high leverage ratio designs.

hainman
    Free Member

Pretty much,it’s now a 250psi max and limited to less spacers depending on stroke length

poah
    Free Member

What dimensions is your shock? I’m looking at upgrading from the 215×63 Monarch RC3+ on my bike at the moment.

what bike?

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Got mine back in just over a week, delivered this morning. So doesn’t take long, as that included shipping to and from.

As said it is now limited to 250psi, max spacers I think it less now, but I wasn’t using max anyway so it’s all good

mboy
    Free Member

Deanfbm, how much do you want for it?

Email in profile…

what bike?

Evil Wreckoning

poah
    Free Member

go for a coil

singlespeedstu

Dropped mine in today and picked it up after I’d finished a test ride.

tmb467
    Free Member

MbBoy – if you want a coil in that size I’ve got a near mint Xfusion Vector HLR for sale with 400lb spring

mboy
    Free Member

deanfbm

any news?

My email is in my profile, I’m interested in your X2… Cheers

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Fox X2’ is closed to new replies.