Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • fox wiper seal change failure. please help
  • andybrad

Ok folks. so i thought ive got a few mins i know ill have a bash at cleaning the foam rings. as per this

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/workshop-service-the-seals-on-your-fox-32-fork-25020/

All going well till i pul the lowers and loose what i would say is a substantial amount of fluid from the air spring side leg (these are FIT factory 32 forks btw CTD 2013)

Not what i was expecting. So is it just a case of re assembly and filling the lowers through the holes with 30cc of green fluid?

kendo954
    Free Member

For my 2014 talas its 40 in the talas 30 in the other leg, so I’d guess 30 in each would work for you

andybrad

right winner. i thought i had broke something then.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dirtydog
    Free Member

What Kendo said 30ml of green through the bottom of each leg, don’t forget the 5ml of float fluid on top of air piston, only takes 5 mins if you’ve got the socket, not worth doing half a job imo.

somafunk

Fox Suspension Oil Chart , for 32mm/2013 forks scroll down till you hit #50 to #54

andybrad

How do you put the float fluid on top of the air chamber on fit forks?

dirtydog
    Free Member

andybrad – Member

How do you put the float fluid on top of the air chamber on fit forks?

Posted 1 day ago # Report-Post

Let all the air out and undo the air side top cap, think it’s a 34mm socket, use a rag to clean out the old fluid and replace with 5ml of fresh float fluid, replace top cap and re-inflate.

Definitely worth doing IME, it only takes 5 minutes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d disagree with the dry foam ring thing, pop them in a pot with some suspension fluid and soak it all up when they are clean then pop them back in. Easy job and looks much easier than trying to get enough fluid into them when they are fitted.

marky29er
    Free Member

Its easier to remove the valve from the top cap, rather than remove the top cap itself then squirt the fluid through the hole.

andybrad

all done and sorted. Ill bed them in tonight of a few trails and see how they go. I added an additional 5ml of float fluid to the air chamber to try and make it a little more progressive so it will be interesting to see if that works.

tbh they wernt as bad as i had expected. deffo think its a 6 monthly thing to be doing though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘fox wiper seal change failure. please help’ is closed to new replies.