Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fox Vanilla R's
  • pickle
    Free Member

I know these type of posts aren’t really liked but i have an old set of Fox Vanilla R 130 forks in pretty good nick, they could probably benefit from a service or oil change but other than that they are as smooth as silk.

Anyways are they worth anything? i’ve managed to pick up a really nice new set of Fox forks and these are surplus to requirements but didn’t know what to ask for them? they do have the usual brake cable rub on the black finish but the stantions (are they still called that?) are spotless.

Can’t get onto Photobucket at work but you can see them in this thread.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/40-this-year-mid-life-crisis-frame#post-3425021

Sorry if this post offends anyone 🙁

joao3v16
    Free Member

Stanchions.

What year are they?

D0NK

year? QR/15mm? IS/post mount? steerer length?

pickle
    Free Member

They are quite old but not really ridden that much, i got them when they first came out……so would be around 10 years ago i guess??
    Normal QR and IS brake mount. not sure on length of stearer till i can measure them later.

Sorry guys……….what a newb! 😳

jeff

Check the stanchions for wear – I thought mine were one of the “good sets” but they had still lost the coating just under the RH wiper seal.

pickle
    Free Member

I wouldn’t even know how to take them apart to be honest to check them 😳

give me BMX parts any day of the week 😆

elliott-20
    Free Member

FWIW about a year ago sold a pair of 1993 Vans 125R, in near mint condition, (only cable rub) with the soft and hard spare springs on eBay for £140.

They were only up for half an hour before someone hit the Buy It Now.

pickle
    Free Member

Blimey! that seems a lot for some old forks. 😯

Maybe ebay is the way to go then??

PolisherMan

Ebay them. I recently sold a pair of knackered, like really knackered Vans and got £50. I was completely up front and advertised them with worn stanchions (spares or repair only).

pickle
    Free Member

Sounds good, i’d be more than happy with £100…..looks like ebay is the way then

amedias
    Free Member

FWIW about a year ago sold a pair of 1993 Vans 125R

er… Fox were not making them in 1993, 2003 maybe?

either way sounds about right, somewhere between 80 and 150 depending on condition, those older open bath Fox forks tend to go on for ever….

simontee
    Free Member

They were well made in those days. I have a set of Vanilla 125 RLs from about 2002/2003. They are now on their fourth bike, have done at least 10,000Km, and there is no sign of wear on the stanchions. They work perfectly, and are still excellent forks. I imagine folks like me would be willing to pay over £100 for similar age forks in good condition. If the are 130s then they are probably not earlier than about 2003.

Simon

elliott-20
    Free Member

er… Fox were not making them in 1993, 2003 maybe?

Erm, sorry, yes 2003 😳

either way sounds about right, somewhere between 80 and 150 depending on condition, those older open bath Fox forks tend to go on for ever….

That’s actually one reason I’m swayed to go for the new open bath (read cheaper) 2012 160 vans. Not sure all the Kashima, FIT tech etc. will last as long for someone like me who rarely gets forks serviced.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

pickle – Member

I wouldn’t even know how to take them apart to be honest to check them

fair bet the stanchions are knackered then

pickle
    Free Member

Hmmmm nice generalisation there 🙁 they don’t seem to be but thanks for your input 🙂 i will strip them off the bike over the weekend and put them on ebay.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fox Vanilla R's’ is closed to new replies.