Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Fox Transfer Dropper post – Thoughts.
  • johnski15
    Free Member

Anyone running a Fox Transfer?

What are your opinions on it – to me it looks like a major alternative to the hydro Reverb Stealth faff. I’m considering buying one for the cable actuated ease.

Where did you get yours?

Are there any other alternatives?

I’d like the short one 355mm x 100mm travel to fit my frame/height.

Cheers

benjaminj
    Free Member

I thought about getting that. Ended up with the crank brothers highline. No bleeding just a cartridge change. It’s gotten great reviews and so far it’s working great for me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tried one at the weekend. Noisy top out, noisy bottom out lateral play was evident and I spend the ride correcting a saddling post every ten pedal strokes. It was a demo bike so I’ve no idea how much hammer it had seen previously, but I wasn’t impressed.

sprocker
    Free Member

I have one only done about 5 rides so far but so far I really rate it. I like the noisy top out and the action is very smooth, has some play but no more than any other post. I paid £217 (non kashima) for the post and then bought a Bontrager lever for £15 that works spot on so not bad value either.

fudge9202
    Free Member

@ benjaminj fancy the hiline also how have you found it, how long have you been running it, any shortcomings?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Had mine for 5-6 months, average 3 rides a week, not quite as smooth as it was from new but still feels good. Slight bit of lateral play at the saddle that was there from new but that’s not got any worse. I’ve got the external version and it was a doddle to set up, took about 5 minutes.

abeach

Got an external one for my HT. Run a reverb on my other bike. Once I got used the the transfer I like it. It does give a whack at top end, especially if you are used to operating a reverb but once you get used to the leaver it is fine. I really like it TBH, it is a genuine contender to the reverb. The best thing is the cable is not hydraulic and terminated at the seat collar so you don’t get the cable slack of a reverb when down. Like the other person said, it is a doddle to set up.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

And since it’s not hydraulic it means it doesn’t need bleeding when you fit/remove. lever sits in a good place and is nice to use.

I’ve been very happy with mine so far.

johnski15
    Free Member

sprocker – Member
    I have one only done about 5 rides so far but so far I really rate it. I like the noisy top out and the action is very smooth, has some play but no more than any other post. I paid £217 (non kashima) for the post and then bought a Bontrager lever for £15 that works spot on so not bad value either.

Thanks for the info mate, I’ve seen them at Winstanley’s for £217 – very tempted need to get the correct size though as I’m short and have a small 15″ Nukeproof Mega 275 (2017) frame and it has a weird Seat tube. It’s the cable (non-hydro) actuation I love, Reverb’s are ace when the work, dire for sorting when they don’t – I’m defo having a cable actuated one next.

Where did you get the Bontrager lever from?

Also, thinking the KS Lev Integra looks a good option

sprocker
    Free Member

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/components-c9/seatposts-seat-clamps-c86/drop-line-dropper-seatpost-under-bar-lever-p17260

I am really impressed with the transfer tbh, better than the lev I had which was unreliable and the cable is a doddle to fit.

johnski15
    Free Member

Thanks mate,

John

philstone

I’ve had a LEV, Reverb and Fox Transfer – the transfer is so far the best. Has it for about 4 or so months from TF – I was one of the first to get one, I think I had the first batch that came in – Murray from TF got the first one and I waited for him to use his for a week before pulling the trigger. Love it, so much so that my mate who can service Reverbs has just just bought one.

beer247
    Free Member

Another vote for the Crank Bros Highline here.

I did consider the Fox Transfer, but got a very good deal on the Highline (sub £200!)

Its easy to install, the post action is smooth with a slight top-out clunk. No lateral play yet. The lever is also nice to use.

A couple of reviews have mentioned that the post action seems slow at first but I’ve not noticed that at all.

As mentioned above, servicing and reliability should be a hell of a lot better than a reverb!

zerogreg
    Free Member

Tempted by the crank bros post now, especially as it’s available for £180 from bikediscount at the minute!

momo

I’ve got a Transfer, haven’t had it long so can’t comment on reliability.

Set up with a wolftooth ReMote it’s a lot nicer to use than the Reverb I had before (now on my other bike)

jacksprogis
    Free Member

Mines been perfect. Far better than my 11 previous reverbs already.

johnski15
    Free Member

11 Reverbs… Jesus….hahaha ha, you either bike every hour god sends or have been mega unlucky with the dodgy rockshox post hahaha.

Thanks for all the input. So much choice now.

1. Fox Transfer

2. KS Lev integrated

3. Crank Bros (cheap as chips from Germany at the minute)

Best start the build to get the correct size

wiggles
    Free Member

Love my transfer, I like the top-out noise lets me know it came up when I pressed the button.

I was advised to make sure you dont wash your bike upside down as there is a gap in the bottom that can let some crap get in, obviously not a problem when the right way up inside the seat-tube

johnski15
    Free Member

Quick update:

Bought a brandnew, in box, all the stuff KS Lev integra £150 delivered via Ebay – over the moon with it.

In addition, bought the Bontrager trigger lever (left hand under bar) £17 brand new (delivered) via Triton cycles.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Fox Transfer Dropper post – Thoughts.’ is closed to new replies.