Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox Talas 36 rc2
  • Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Sill question but I need to service my forks and have all I need but was wondering one thing.

Once I have turned the forks upside down and removed the lowers. I then remove the seals and bla bla bla.

How do i know how much fork fluid to put back in if i dont know how much is in there to start? (i know how much should be in there i have the volumes)

Do i turn the forks back up the right way without the lowers on to drain them and then put in new fluid or do i measure the amount that comes out each leg add whats needed and put it back in?

If i do turn the forks back the right way i assume nothing will fall out that i wont be able to put back?

Thanks for the help in advance.

djglover
    Free Member

4tbsp

steveh

I assume you're not taking the cartridge apart to service the damping? If not then what you're talking about is only the lubrication oil to keep things sweet. The quantities fox reccomend are very small and I always put double in to try and keep the dreaded fox stanchion wear/death at bay. There's no reason not to apart from the very small increase in weight.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Warrenpfo
    Free Member

All good answers but do I pore out all the fluid that is in there or do I just add to it?

steveh

Pour whatevers left inside and then wipe them out/flush them with some more oil or gt85 or something to get the dirt out.

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

thanks steveh

Happy to pore out the fluid but just want to make sure that none of the internalls are going to fall out when i pore the fluid out?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Go here and dowload the appropriate owner's manual – it includes the correct oil levels for your fork. Then go here and read the service instructions. Then read them again.

steveh

There's nothing in the lowers when you pull them off, everything stays attached to the uppers so nothing to fall out (well apart from the seals, foam rings and bushes but if any of those fall out without some serious effort you've got big problems 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox Talas 36 rc2’ is closed to new replies.