Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fox Ranger Glove Sizing…?
  • stumpy01

I’m looking to get some new gloves, as virtually every pair I have is going hole-y.

I’ve mainly had Endura, Specialized & 661 gloves in the past – for all of these I am a medium.
    Looking on Wiggle, the Endura sizing seems to come up the same as the dhb gloves; so also a medium, but the Fox gloves seem tiny.
    I would say I have small-ish hands, but according to the Fox size guide I am between an XL & an XXL, which seems a bit bonkers.

And yes, this is one of those situations where I should probably go to my LBS to try some on, but I did that & they only had one mtb full finger glove in stock :o/

I could just play it safe & get the Endura or dhb but quite fancy trying the Fox gloves.
    Any real world experience of the Fox sizing compared to other brands? Ta.

ta11pau1

If it helps, I’m an XL in both Fox Ranger and 100% brisker gloves. Both fit perfectly.

Some gloves are measured palm width, some palm length. Are you getting these confused?

stumpy01

ta11pau1

Some gloves are measured palm width, some palm length. Are you getting these confused?

I don’t think I am. Endura are measured by distance across knuckles, while the dhb & Fox are measured by hand circumference taken at the widest point. My measurement is about 20.5cm for circumference & 9cm for width which equates to medium for dhb, medium for Endura & XL at least for Fox. Seems bonkers.

Might just end up playing it safe & get the Endura…

scuttler

Find a vendor from whom you can order multiple sizes and return what doesn’t fit.

ta11pau1

Fox are palm length/height.

Same for 100%

https://www.100percent.com/pages/size-guide-mens-gloves

stumpy01

ta11pau1

Fox are palm length/height.

Ah. I was relying on the info on the Wiggle page, which appears to be wrong. That says ‘hand circumference’ next to the measurements!

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/fox-racing-ranger-gloves-1

Cheers. I’ll have a re-measure & see where we end up! 🙂

Blackflag
    Free Member

Don’t!!! The new ones have a silicone pad on the fingers that becomes really slippery as soon as any moisture touches them. This makes lever feel utterly horrible.

I bought some the other week, used once, never again.

ta11pau1

I’ve got a new pair with the pad and they’re excellent, loads of grip on my Hope metal levers even in torrential rain.

corkblork
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve noticed a slippage issue. But if you wear them enough the silicon bits fall off after a few months so there’s that… but it doesn’t really affect the performance of the gloves.

ta11pau1

Ah. I was relying on the info on the Wiggle page, which appears to be wrong. That says ‘hand circumference’ next to the measurements!

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/fox-racing-ranger-gloves-1

Cheers. I’ll have a re-measure & see where we end up

Yeah, so it does – I always find it’s better to go directly to the manufacturer for this sort of sizing, or double check it against another shop! 😀

joebristol

I’m a large in 100% briskers and 100% Cognito. Large in Fox Dirtpaws. Medium in Endura Hunvee 2’s and precious Endura gloves.

Recently had some endures disintegrate within 4 rides. My Fox Dirtpaws lasted about 2 years before starting to get holes in the sides of the fingers. So I’d defo take Fox above Endura right now.

Would take 100% above both.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I’ve got a new pair with the pad and they’re excellent, loads of grip on my Hope metal levers even in torrential rain.

Mine were like both fingers and levers (XT) had been dipped in KY Jelly.

ta11pau1

Can’t say I’ve noticed a slippage issue. But if you wear them enough the silicon bits fall off after a few months so there’s that… but it doesn’t really affect the performance of the gloves.

The older ones have thin silicon lines which do fall off after several months of use, but the new ones have much bigger pads which I’d be surprised if they wore off.

Old vs new:

Prefer the new style, even though it’s a little weird feeling your finger ‘grip’ to the lever when trying to move/remove it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah the silicone pad thing is just stupid and they’re horrible to use in the rain. Even with your braking finger right in the hook they slip down the lever, at best it’s disconcerting, at worst it’s dangerous.

I’ve chucked mine in the back for the cupboard and nicked my wife’s 100% gloves, shhh – don’t tell her

stumpy01

Great! Thanks for the info, all.

I have never considered 100% gloves, but they look pretty nice.
    According to the Fox & 100% size guides though, I am a size small (just a whisker over 7″ hand length as per their description for the measurement). I think i have stubby fingers with a normal-ish palm, which skews this kind of measurement.

As mentioned above by scuttler, I might buy a few & send back the ones that aren’t right. I’ve got a Wiggle voucher, so would prefer to make use of that.

corkblork
    Free Member

Perhaps it’s just me, or pehaps I need to stop crashing so often

ta11pau1

To be fair, my new pair are only a few weeks old, so they’ll probably go that way too. Still love them.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fox Ranger Glove Sizing…?’ is closed to new replies.