Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fox proframe sizing
  • bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Evening all,
    Thinking of getting one of these and my bonce is 57.5/58cm. Annoyingly between the m and large. Does anyone have any advice other than trying them both? (Just trying to avoid buying both and returning…)
    Cheers

sam1988
    Free Member

Can’t help much with your sizing, I got one within the last two months and am a medium. They come with different size cheek and neck pads, small and Large and the mediums fitted in the helmet so I’m guessing if you got a medium lid you would use the smaller pads and if you got a large lid then possible the larger pads?

akira

What other helmets in what sizes do you have?

bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Good thinking. Medium giro usually and a medium Smith at the moment… best check them out

bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Nuts, both are 55-59 for medium. I don’t have it at the loosest, so I don’t think that helps. Guess I’ll just have to try them

Akers

I’ve had 4 Giro open face helmets over the years all size medium, but had to get my Proframe in a size small and use the biggest pads to make it feel snug and stable. The pads on the side around the jaw are, I find, important for a good fit, so I think the overall shape of the head plays a significant role in sizing. I have a fairly slim face which is why I think I had to size down.

akira

Got med giro and got med proframe. Wouldn’t be able to squeeze into a small, just using whatever pads it came with, unsure whether they were the thick or thin ones fitted.

vincienup
    Free Member

You really need to try them on, making use of any adjustments including cheek pads. Generally I’d assume if you’re sure you’ve measured your head the way Fox say heads should be measured and you’re bang in between, the larger with full adjustments will probably be a lot more comfortable to put on/take off but the smaller is probably actually going to offer better protection simply because there’s less chance of it being slack if you go full raggy doll in it ever… Personally I’d be trying to find a different helmet that fitted me better though if that was the choice though.

Bear in mind the possibility that your head may be ‘the wrong shape’ and the Fox helmet may not fit you full stop, but if you’ve had a previous helmet of theirs that was fine then you can probably discount this.

cupotea

As it happens, a large has just been delivered to me. My noggin is 59cm, so often right between sizes a lot of the time. With the default pads in it feels a bit tight. I’m assuming the one I tried in the shop had other pads in as that felt looser.

Once I’m back from work I’ll have a play with the pads and report back.

yoshimi

I’d add that if you’re normally a Giro headshapoe you might struggle with the Proframe, I did.

Ended up with a TLD Stage which fit much better – Fox seemed to dig in places and the brow part of the MIPS was not comfortable

Liftman

58cm here and got the medium proframe, using the smallest pads it’s a perfect fit.

bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Right ho, I think there’s not going to be a substitute for trying a few. Thanks for the input chaps.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I’m the same as OP and I have a medium, fits nicely

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fox proframe sizing’ is closed to new replies.