Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox Forks : Evolution or Performance – will I notice the difference
  • maccruiskeen

Never dabbled in fox forks at all. So, theres the basic (probably mostly OEM) ‘Evolution’ and theres the ‘Performance’ which is betterer. But I can’t really find good descriptions of the evolutions so its difficult to see what the Performance is adding to the package.

What say yee

roverpig

I found the Evolution CTD on the Gyro that I tested a bit disappointing. In Trail it was too harsh, but in Descend to blew through the travel too easily. I found myself wishing for a softer Trail setting. As I understand it, you get 3 trail setting with the performance version, so that’s the way I’d go.

jairaj

Just had a look on their website and its the Factory models that have the trail adjust feature. They also get the Kashima coating too.

Fox website: “Performance Series and Evolution Series forks share the same CTD lever.”

Can’t really see what the difference between Performance and Evolution is ethier.

maccruiskeen – which forks are you after? Some only seem to come in Evo and Factory not all forks some in 3 different versions.

BearBack
    Free Member

buying aftermarket or spec’d on a bike?
    IIRC, evolution is open bath, performance is open bath only in float 36 i think, oem factory is fit, aftermarket factory is kashima’d FIT

If you’re buying a bike spec’d with forks.. consider also the component upgrade.

e.g. Scott Genius 720 comes with evolution forks and slx brakes, etc whereas the model up comes with performance forks, xt brakes and a droppe rpost.. the brake/wheel/post upgrades are worth the pricing upgrade.. better forks are a bonus.
    That probably translates across most brands.

maccruiskeen

maccruiskeen – which forks are you after?

looking at Zestys so choosing a level of spec on the basis that I’m going to swap various bits out making the fork the real choice between price points as not much else of significance (to me) changes

So the comparison is between
    “Fox 32 float 150 ctd evolution “
    or paying £500 more for
    “Fox 32 float 150 ctd fit performance”

LoCo
    Free Member

CTD FIT damper cart. is considerably better performance wise than the EVo damper cart.

Depends on what other upgrades you’re getting for the £500 too.

maccruiskeen

Most of the other upgrades are things I’m planning to change anyway – wheels and brakes mostly, so which ever model I choose those are going. The rear shock is the same so its only fork and bits of finishing kit that are different between the two models.

jairaj

If yo are going to change the parts anyway then I don’t see the point in going for the upgrade.

Speak to Loco to see how much he charges to get the Evo upgraded with the FIT damper.

Or ask the shop you are buying from if they can upgrade just the fork.

maccruiskeen

Very good point – hadn’t thought about diddling with the basic shock. Bollocks this is complicated.

This is why I don’t buy bikes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox Forks : Evolution or Performance – will I notice the difference’ is closed to new replies.